1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI won't playback for NeroVision editing

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by RossoC, Mar 11, 2007.

1. RossoC

RossoC Member

I'm trying to use Nero Vision to edit an AVI file recorded using my Canon digital camera. When I add the media to the timeline, all I get is a frozen snapshot and the video will not play back. No audio either. Is Nero Vision supposed to be able to perform this task? I'd like to eventually be able to edit the video and make a clip and convert/save as mpeg or something. I'm able to open other video file types, just not .avi

After searching around I thought it might be a Codec issue, but so far no luck. I have the latest DivX, not sure if that helps.

Appreciate the help. If any more info is needed just ask. Thanks!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Mine does the same thing if I try to add the video to the timeline. Start NeroVision using the Make Video DVD option and then add the video on the content page.

Perhaps if you start it with "Making a Movie", it thinks the MJPGs are just pictures, which is why you probably have a little green icon on the first part of the timeline video.

3. RossoC

RossoC Member

You know...thinking along the same lines, I had tried that, but it's still the same situation when it gets to the edit movie page. I'd like to edit it and save it to the hard drive. I've continued fiddling and still no happy results.

What's the big deal with .avi anyways? I have Screenblast movie editor as well, and that program only opens the audio from .avis Whereas Windows Movie Maker opens it just fine, but then I can only create .wmv files.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

It is hard to believe something I can duplicate exactly doesn't work the same on your system. Try again to add the .avi to only the content window, then edit it. Make sure and remove it from the assets window in the editing mode first.

5. RossoC

RossoC Member

Aha! Thanks SO much. I think I wasn't completely understanding your method. Thanks for the reassurance and clarification. Fiddled around a little more and figured it out. Completely working now. Thanks again!