1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BACK UP FILES on DVD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by zavala, Feb 24, 2007.

1. zavala

zavala Member

ok
    first ... i want to backup my files (pic, aplications, doc..ect) to a dvd, i figuered that you can just drag and drop them into the folder like you do with cds and just "write files to disc". but when i try to drag and drop it'll say "an error has occured" and somththing about not being able to copy.... so i used SONIC and deepburner software i aready have on my computer and burned the files on a dvd+R, then i went to my other computer and it wont even read the disc

so my question is ... is there any way to make a data disc(DVDr) so that it may be compatible with other computers???

2. steimy

steimy Active member

what kind of data disc? files for an Xbox?
    If so just use Qwix or Craxtion4 to make the files into an ISO and burn it. If you wanted to back into file format all you would need is to use the same programs above to extract the ISO file.

As far as regular PC type data you can make a data disc in Nero and any other PC should be able to read it.