1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BACK-UP FOR X-BOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by RXV2300, Sep 19, 2004.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Bssed on what I've red on different forums it seems to me that making back-up copies for X-box is not as easy as it is for PS2.
    My x-box is not moded yet but it would be soon & I need to know exaclt how to make back-up copies for it but not into the HD of the x-box just on DVD like most of us do for PS2.
    Once again I understand it's not as straight forward as it is for PS2, that original game first it must be loaded into x-box then into PC using some kind of connection, I am not sure exactly how I am suppose to do this, can I have some pointers, guide on how this process works.
    Thank you

2. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

as for the xbox games being harder to back-up as you put it, well thats all really a matter of opinion isnt it ?

Many of us can do it without thinking about it, its like anything else you just need to apply yourself to the task at hand really and all will be well.

firstly to run "un-signed" code (a back-up of a game for example)your xbox must be modded in as far as it needs to boot a hacked bios be that bios loaded from a modchip or via a hacked bios "flashed" directly onto the xbox the choice is yours there, but I.M.H.O

I would advise you get a modchip say the xenium that will never let you down unless you screw up the install of course, then repeat the immortal much used line (i modded my xbox and it wont boot now..... what could be wrong?)

After you have your modded chip installed into your xbox you can now then transform it from an inanimate box sitting below your TV into a true multi media unit by adding a dashboard such as Evo-X ,this simple dashboard willbe installed alongside the xbox's operating system and you boot this new operating system known as the "dashboard" but with evox it transforms your xbox from the "green" screen that does very little into a fully fledged multi media system.

Once you have Evo-x installed you can then "network" to your xbox via your PC and modify your internal settings and customise the menu and more than you can imagine.

With the network capability you can now also place a "retail" game disc into your xbox and read & transfer its contents to your PC where you make the resultant folder into an ISO which you burn as an "image" in say nero to a suitable sized media disc.

Yes the texttyped is a lot and is daunting BUT in practise its not as hard to undertake as it is to type and read the instructions on carrying out the tasks required.

The PS2 is a decent machine but in all honesty it is very restrictive in what its capabilities are even when modded. in contrast to the vast range of tasks that the xbox can be made to undertake with a little
    "self application"

I hope this go's some way to answering your questions, if not please tell what you fail to understand and i will try to assist you further

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2004
  3. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Where do I get this EVO-X from?
    I was going to get "Apple XV modchip" is this any good or I should get Xenium.
    I am not much of a electrical type of person can this be installed by a novice or you really need to know what you are doing installing any type of modchip.
    Or perhaps there is a modchip that can be installed as easy as slide card I have put into my PS2.
    No sodering at all & the whole procedyre took not even 10 minutes.
    Is there something as easy as this for xbox?

4. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

well the xenium has a NO-solder option on xbox's UPTO V1.6 so with that option its a screw in install, the reason i advise the xenium is that it has its own onboard operating system that will NEVER leave you with an non-booting chip in the event of a bad flash or user error.

As for Evox well ahem ! it a little bit naughty to post where you get it in the open so PM me and i will point you in the right direction.

You must remember that the amount of work required to modify the xbox is proportional to the amount of enjoyment your will gain in return for the initial input.

Thats why with the PS2 you do a little with the slide card you can only do little with the console afterwards....

The xbox can be modded by almost anyone if they do two things

1. is READ READ READ and then read all information over another few times till you understand it like its second nature and you can carry out the chosen task without even looking at the instructions.

2. Patience its NOT a race to get your xbox/PS2 modded is it ? its better to take your time and yes be anal if need be about the quality of your work, if your anal in the quality of your work when you do the task right first time you will be very very happy i can tell you, you will feel very good.

If you want to solder in a chip you should practise on a few old non working radio's soldering smaller and smaller components and wires till you are either proficient at it or you have burned your fingers to the bone as trust me you WILL burn yourself at first.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2004
  5. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I don't seem to be able to find this "Xenium" chip you are mentioning. Is this the full name of the chip?
    I've looked in Modchip.ca / Modchip.com & gocybershop & can't seem to find this Xenium.

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Divineo in Quebec has them and they are fast and reliable.

7. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I found it thanks. Now I need to know if there is a guide (with pictures if possble) that will show how to install this chip into the xbox.
    Thanks once again,

8. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

How do I find out which version xbox I have?

9. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

guides for that chip
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=21b05390bbfbe1c09701e3d5efcf115f&showforum=67

here what version xbox you have
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

wheres evox heres evox
    first xbins and you'll need mirc and flash fxp for file transfer
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

next directions
    xbox/apps/dashboards/evolution x/official/evolution x build 3935.rar

get to rEEding
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]don't kick'm , hit'm

>>>>>>USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE YOU ASK<<<<<<<<

intel d875,p4-2600,dvd+/-,dvd rom,geforce5700ultra,
    max120music,wd120movies,wd160xboxgames,wd40opsystem.
    **xbox1,tsopflash,max120 **xbox2,tsopflash,max160[/small]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004