1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up 1 dvd on to 2 dvd-r's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mx6bfast, Nov 8, 2004.

1. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Member

I have been doing some research since I just got a pc with a dvd burner. One thing I am looking for is the ability to backup 1 dvd, say star wars for example, and then be able to keep the movie at no compression and split it over 2 dvd's. As far as extra's, I'd like to choose which ones I can keep. I have used DVD Shrink and it's pretty easy, but I'm a freak and want the best picture available. I've tried using Menu Modder, but I still need to figure the software out. I think DVD Stripper has the option to split but I was having trouble with it. Is there any software out there that can split the files on to 2 dvd's? Preferrably some freeware? Every time I go to other guides I don't know which guide to look at.

I can't justify buying dual layered dvd's just yet.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  2. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

DVDshrink will do it for you.

You have to select where you want the first part of the movie to end, with the start/end frame in re-author mode.
    You select where disc one is to finish and note the time. Copy on HDD

You select where disc two starts (usually just a few seconds before the end of disc one)Copy on HDD.

You can even download from the dvdshrink website a "please insert disc 2" mini clip that you include at the end of disc one.