1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up an already backed up disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jtigerr, Jan 23, 2005.

1. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Having same problem, using Sony Dru710A. Using Verbatium (MCC003)and Tiyo(TYG01) media. Original copy plays on everything. Tried all burn speeds 4X-16X second copy freezes on Apex, will not play at all on WinDVD. Could it possibly be a Read speed issue Drive Sony DDU1621 on the single layer burned copy. I have used Nero,DVD Decrypter and Veritas software to burn.I use to do this with my old drive Sony DRU510A, Reader has not changed. I have a friend running asus drive as reader and Sony DRU710A Burning at 12X, and then 12X on disk to disk copy works fine. Up till now My Apex dvd player has played it all, I got model#2500 & 1150.
    Xbox is iffy. And of course the pc drive plays um all but this has me baffled. This new Sony Drive has me wondering about the quality of burned media on it. I have ran quality test using Nero drive test.4X-16X I can see a big diffrence in quality of burns 12X and 16X don't look near as good as 4X-8X. Not familure with Nero drive quality test, but 4X-8X got a quality score of 93. C1errors and C2errors not sure what would be considered hi or lo numbers. Example burned 6X using shrink and decrypter to burn, then Disk to Disk copy at 6X. Ran both disks threw nero quality tests both disk look exactly the same on quality test score 93. Disk to Disk copy Freezes I always burn to hard drive first . The original 6X plays on everything. Would it help to set both dvd drives as master i have a open IDE slot just have not got a longer cable yet. Right now I have dvd/cd rom set to master and burner set to slave.

Any Ideas I would appreciate

Spacedust.

Computer Specs
    CPU: northwood P4 3.0G clocked 3.3G
    MeM: 1GIG Kingston Hyper X PC3500 C2
    HD: 1=36G Rapture, 1= WD120G 72000. 2=SATA
    Drive:Sony DDU1621
    Drive:Sony DRU710A
    MB:ABIT IC7G