1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up xbox cds

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Getawayke, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Getawayke

Getawayke Guest

Hi, im looking for a method to write my xbox cd into an iso file to my computer. I've seen alot of FTP methods to the xbox but I can't do it that way so i tried doing it on my pc with imaging the xbox cd in my dvd reader but my cd reader views it as a video dvd with the "put this cd in your xbox console".
    Any ideas?

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

You can't read and xbox original dvd in your computer!!!!!!!

The only thing that can read and xbox dvd is the xbox dvd drive installed in your xbox.

If you want to make a back up dvd of one of your games you are gonna have to set up a network between your pc and your xbox via a router, a hub, or a switch, or a crossover cable. Then you will be able to transfer (ftp) the game files to your pc so that you can build a .iso on your pc for burning to a media.

3. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

u know i have been thinking about this, i am wanderind if i can shove an xbox dvd-rom into a pc, that might work, and there will be no need to ftp then, after all a xbox dvd-rom is the same as a pc dvd-rom with 1 difference, it can read backwards.