1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup games on computer hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by speedany1, Jan 10, 2004.

1. speedany1

speedany1 Member

I just bought a 160 gig hdd for my computer, i need to know which files to ftp off of the xbox hdd and save on my comp. hdd?

2. pong3

pong3 Guest

you have to transer the entire d: folder to the computer then back to the xbox's HDD.

3. FFW

FFW Member

speedy what program are u using on your xbox to back up the game?

4. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

speedy you have to copy all of the xbox c: drive which is you bios the e: drive is your game saves and applications you defineatly need c: drive
    the d: drive is the xbox drive you only get something in that if its in the xbox cd tray

5. speedany1

speedany1 Member

I'm using flashfxp, to transfer my files?

6. Scot

Scot Regular member

just connect to your xbox hard drive, then pop a game in there, ftp the entire contents of the d: to your pc. and save it. When you want the game back on your xbox just select all the files in the folder you just saved and ftp them back to your xbox hard drive games folder c:/games.

If you have games on your xbox hard drive already then just copy the contents of the game folder (usually in the c:/games to your pc and save that.

You could of course make those game files into a iso, and burn them to a dvd.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004