1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batch mpg conversion

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by smata67, Feb 13, 2007.

1. smata67

smata67 Guest

I'm looking for something simple and easy to use. I have a directory with 3 GB worth of mpg files, 12 files total, they are tv episodes from a single season. What I would like to do is end up with a DVD that has chapters for each and is in DVD format so it will play on standard DVD players. What are my options?

I see that there is a program called winavi which can take an mpeg and make DVD files from it. Problem is, I would have to do each one at a time, I have several seasons to do, this is kind of impractical, but let's say that it works. How would I import all those seperate DVD files into a single DVD with a menu?

I think I did do something similar with Nero 7 Full Trial Version, but I'm not sure. I may spring for it if it can do the job.

2. james636

james636 Member

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just post my question here since they are similar.

Does anyone know of an app that will allow you to author a dvd in batch mode? I have a number of mpeg-2 files that I want to burn to dvd, but I don't want to be bound to my pc authoring one dvd at a time.

PS. I've tried GUI for dvdauthor, but its very crappy. Kept giving me errors and insisting that I demux my audio and video.

3. smata67

smata67 Guest

What I'm looking for is very similar to Nero 7 Essentials capability to create VCDs. All I do is drag and drop the mpg into the file list window, several if I wish. I then get a menu that allows me to format the VCD startup menu and select a graphic for the background. Is this capability available to create DVDs too?

4. collarme

collarme Regular member

5. smata67

smata67 Guest

This looks to be exactly what I'm looking for, I'll give it a try, thanks.

6. smata67

smata67 Guest

I'll find out tomorrow, but does anyone know if this program sets up a navigation menu?

7. collarme

collarme Regular member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  8. smata67

smata67 Guest

Well, 10 hours in, my computer rebooted, may have lost my progress. I never have this problem with this particular pc, I think it may have been DVD Flicks.

9. smata67

smata67 Guest

I haven't given up on DVD Flick, but I did load Nero 7 trial version and created a great looking DVD with an active menu and all, did exactly what I wanted it to do.