1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bbmayo

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shotty71, Feb 8, 2005.

1. shotty71

shotty71 Guest

well I had already decrypted them as 2 seperate ISO images and they are save on my HD, so I can't join them as ISO images, are you saying I have to re-rip to my HD as a file, sorry I am a little confused

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No you can join them together as ISO images just follow the instructions I left on the other thread. Also you might want to quit starting new threads every time you have a question. Just go back to your original thread and keep asking your questions there. The Moderators arent going to like this.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157633

3. shotty71

shotty71 Guest

ok well thanks and tell the moderators, that I'm deeply sorry.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem it's understandable you are new. Just wanted to point you in the right direction :)

Now that you know the proper way to use the forum I'm sure you will enjoy it :)

5. shotty71

shotty71 Guest

hey bbmayo, I am still having trouble I think, let me explain to you exactly what I did:
    first I put original goodfellas dvd in the drive then analysed it then burnt ripped part 1 to iso image and put into a folder

Then I did the same with the flip side of dvd, part 2 anylysed then ripped to folder as iso image.

Now I am trying to get both parts on one dvd, but when I follow your instructions on that link you gave me I can't pull up the iso images, when I locate files the folder with ISO images appears empty.

So what I am saying is I have part 1 and 2 both saved as seperate ISO images and now want to combine on one disc.

Now I am trying a different way, I backed up movie as dvd files and put on hard drive then reauthored and put both parts on one compilation and am now ripping both as a single ISO image, then will burn using nero. Will this work and am I doing right or just the hard way, cause I still have the original ISO images of parts 1 and 2 but don't know how to join them as I explained here up the paragraph.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The way you are doing it will also work, but I am not sure what else to tell you about doing it the other way? I have done it that way several times and it all worked fine, you must be missing something in those steps that I explained. You have to make sure when you are in Shrink that you are clicking on "File" and then click "Open Disc Image" to be able to open a image file. It sounds like you are skipping that part?

7. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

bbmayo:
    Took your advice re: using DVD Decryptor in file mode choosing "Movie only". Then tried to analyze/compress with Shrink, but got error "can't find Video_TS.ifo. Ripped again, choosing movie + ifo's and Shrik gave me another error "can't find .....01.vob" Movie was actually the 7th VOB, I believe. What next? Thanx!

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you selecting "open files" in Shrink or are you just hitting reauthor right away like I stated earlier?

Do not hit open files in Shrink you will get these errors every time... Just click on re-author and browse to your files from there....

Here is a guide follow the first one there http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  9. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Thanx, I will try again!

10. shotty71

shotty71 Guest

hey mayo, thanks I got it to work last night, I have a question, I rip my dvds to ISO images then burn them to dvd disk. But the way I did goodfellas is I ripped to dvd files then backed up into folder then 2 file folders appeared, then I put them onto compilation and compressed. Whatt is the advantage or disadvantage in doing it either of these two ways. And are there any other ways to rip and burn dvds besides rip to files or ISO images