1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Authoring Software?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by DiRect, Nov 13, 2004.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    I am looking for a DVD authoring software with features like DVD-Lab Pro, but more. Before compiling, I should be able to preview the video with subtitles and everything and I should be able to link buttons to a certain timecode in the movie without having to create chapter playlists or chapters. So say If I want to add a Soundtrack Menu and link to all the seperate songs in the film (my sister's concert), I should be able to link a button from a certain time to another time. It should also support audio background music and motion menu's with some nice templates to work with and totally customizable menu's which also supports subtitles. I don't care if it's the most complicated software in the world lol, if anyone knows such a software, please let me know :) I am not even sure such softwares exist, but professional DVD's are made that way lol, and I want as professional as possible.

Regards,
    DiRect

2. KLRB_DM

KLRB_DM Member

Edit with Adobe premier pro 1.5 and place precise chapter pionts to the timecode and Encore 1.5 for the DVD menus. Be prepared to spend alot of time learning. If you are impatient then stick with DVDLab as you can do basically anything with it. You just got to think!

3. BigJMoney

BigJMoney Member

Hi,

Not trying to hijack anyone's thread, but just a quick question: What is good authoring software that is quick and easy? I tried Sonic's MyDVD, but it won't let you change the output setting (i.e. LP, SP, etc.) so even if I only put one 350 MB file on it, it ends up taking up 4 GB of the DVD.

Then I tried Ulead's DVD authoring software. That made pretty nice menus, and was fairly quick. You could also put 3 or 4 one-hour episodes (or clips) on one DVD. However, I've tried two different discs with that program, and every time, the audio is waaaayy out of synch with the video when I play it in a DVD player. It plays fine in the preview mode, but something must be happening during encoding (I'm using MPEGs, though, as the source video).

So anyway, looking for quick, easy authoring software, fit 3 or 4 hours/clips/episodes on one DVD, menus (don't have to be commercial quality), and sound should synch with video. Any programs fit this bill?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  4. jazzzy

jazzzy Member

TMPGENC dvd author is the simpliest one I could find. Lots of features and so easy to use even a thicko like me who doesn't read manuals can use it. I normally burn MPEG-2s (SVCDs) and can fit 2 to 3 full 1-2 hour films quite easily on a 4.7GB DVD. If u split ur movie into a number of MPGs depending on the size of ur film u should be able to fit lots per dvd but i think u need something a lot more powerful

5. goman007

goman007 Regular member

jazzzy,
    i,am new to the TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5 that is the version i have and i'm having problems getting voice with the small pieces of movie that you might cut out. i would like to learn what ever you are willing to share on this program, especially geting 3 movies on 1 dvd. thanks for any help.