1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Copy Program

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kaos1121, Oct 3, 2004.

1. kaos1121

kaos1121 Member

I have been reading that people are having problems with Intervideo DVD Copy v1.2 & 2. Problem with white lines, pixelization etc... Just wanted to let people know that i have been creating excellent "Backups" of my DVD's with Intervideo 1.2 & 2. and I dont use any other 3rd party software for the transcoding, i use the built in transcoding of Intervideo DVD copy.

Normally when you insert a copy protected DVD, intervideo detects it and doesnt allow you to proceed. But, the trick is to have DVD Region Free running before you insert the copy protected disc. If you are running version 1.2 of DVD copy i found that you can run DVD Region Free ver 3.1. with success. If you are running verion 2 of DVD Copy, you will need to use DVD region Free ver 3.62. Every DVD i have burnt has been successful with no pixelation or White lines etc.... just a perfect copy of the DVD. So why would everyone else bother with an external program for transcoding? I know Intervideo is a little limited in options, but its so simplistic and its replication of DVD's is the best i have seen from any program on the market.

Has anyone else tried this combination with good results?

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

Yes ive tried it...but I kept getting the "white pixellation errors".

Trust me matey, I appreciate that this app can produce excellent results, but be prepared to "eat humble pie" when you have an instance of this error.

For anyone else reading this, take heed..treat Intervideo with suspicion.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion :)

4. brian100

brian100 Guest

Flip

I must admit..when this app "get's it right" It is very very good.. the quality of output considering the (lack of) transcoding time is extraordinary. As Ive mentioned before, theres always that thought in the back of ones mind "Is this one gonna be watchable". For this reason I could not recommend this software to anyone. It is also very expensive to purchase. With the likes of DVDshrink 3.2 & DVDRB on the block, there really is no need to gamble on quality these days.

5. jakman85

jakman85 Member

I use CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD for my "Back-ups." I have had no problems and the quality is great. Anyone know of any better software than the one i use? (just curious)

6. brian100

brian100 Guest

DVDrebuilder/CCE basic & DVDshrink are (in my opinion) better methods.

7. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

I agree with you brian100.

CCE Basic ~ DVD-RB offers the best quality for large DVD backups. It takes a little time to set it up, but the results are worth the effort. The number of users for this solution are growing because of this.

8. loserbaby

loserbaby Member

I'm one of those dumba$$es that fell for dvdwizardpro, I must say that with that ripoff e-book I was(am) able to make nearly flawless backups every time. I use dvd decrypter, ifo edit, shrink to compress, and nero to burn. I do it in steps and have enough hard drive so I don't mind the dragged out process too much, only problem I've ever experienced is I lost the necesary subtitles in killbill, 1 and 2. otherwise flawless system. xcopy plat on the other hand has earned me many coasters, about three to 1 good burn, reguardless of media, I try it all. I'm currently having good luck with dvd cloner II and will post back if that goes to shit.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm just curious... Am I missing something here? Why do I see so many people here saying they use DVD Decrypter then DVD Shrink then Nero to back up there DVD's? The simpler way is to use DVD Shrink with Nero a lot less steps (so less mistakes) I have tried all other ways and truthfully I cant see the difference in video quality. So why not do it the fastest and easiest way? I made a couple of guides on how I do this http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/ can someone tell me what I am missing on doing it the way I am doing it?
    Another thing that puzzles me @Kaos says
    yet then kaos1121 goes on to say
    correct me if I'm wrong but dosent that mean you are using another app to force the prgram to work? DVD Shrink does it all except burn the disk, but you arent running them at the same time. If you set it right you wouldnt even know that DVD Shrink is using Nero or Decrypter to burn the DVD. You can open your disk set, reauthor, hit back up and walk away.. come back in about 30-40min and Presto! a perfect back up!

Thats just my 2 cents :)

10. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... DVD Shrink to HD, then DVD Decrypter to burn to disc ... If the disc is a tough one to crack, DVD Decrypter to HD, DVD Shrink to fit to disc then DVD Decrypter to burn to disc ...
     ... They're free, they're effective, they're easy and they're idiot-resistant ...

11. askyew

askyew Regular member

I have recently gone to using decrypter + nero recode to rip, compress, and burn. The nero recode really does a great job, it was a pleasent surprise. If you use the high quality setting that is exactly what you get, but be ready to wait a while.

12. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

I am very new to burning copies...have only used the guides here which i might add are extremly helpful, and the guys who post them are to be applauded. As a layman, after reading the guides, i bought a sony 710a, verbatim discs, d/l shrink, and decryptor...followed the guides, and voila...haven't (thank God) had a coaster yet. burned about 10 movies all of em perfect.....click on decryptor,,,it does it all....click on shrink....i hit open files...adjust the compression....keep 5.1....hit backup...hit my burner....burn it at 8x...(i know..i know...but it works).....and in about 40 min...believe it or not...(and i hope i'm not jinxing my self)...an almost perfect copy...i meant it is outstading....kudos to all who help on here.....

13. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

and i don't use the quality settings...i might experiment with it....while i'm sleepin....lol

14. hugabone

hugabone Member

I still havent seen the white lines or anything else using Dvdcopy 2 platinum. Iv gone back and forth between this and Shrink and been satisfied with DvdCopy. I paid twenty dollars brand new for the copy and its worth it to me. Its a little more limited compare to Shrink but I mainly backup movies with little or no compression. Thats where I like DvdCopy better. The split to two disc is better using DvdCopy only because of the "insert disc 2" insert. Its also faster with great copy quality but at the same time I havent made any copies using Shrink without Deep Analysis, so I dont know how good the quality is.

15. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

I use Any DVD and Clone 2 for DVD9s
    For movies that fit on 1 disc I just let Any DVD run and use the copy Disc feature in Nero
    So far I have not found anything that works better
    Trust me I have tried them all
    I do like DVDShrink though and it is free
    Since I started using Clone and the Fox
    I find that I dont really use Shrink anymore
    Im just waiting for someone to give me a good laugh and say DVDXCopy
    LOL
    :)

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

[bold]DVDXCopy!!![/bold]

That was just for you Vedas ;-p

LOL

[​IMG]

17. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Your Killing me
    I think alot of people got suckered into that one
    myself included
    Im just glad they only got my money once all of the rest of their software I got for Free being a Beta Tester
    But werent we all
    LOL
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2004
  18. keefy_tee

keefy_tee Guest

I tried loadsa diffrent stuff but i found the best winning combination.I use DVDshrink version 3.1.7.6(the older one is quicker than the new one) It runs in partnership with Nero V6.3.0.3 and have a pioneer DVR 106D.With full back up en+de code and burn i can copy a film say shrek 2 in 1 hour.

19. pennfire

pennfire Member

loserboy what do you mean by ifo in how you burn dvds ? could you email the instruction how you burn dvds to noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com? it would be very appraciated.

thank you 4 your time
    calvin

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ pennfire

No posting email addies as per forum rules. Use the pm function :)