1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD media for backups?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 80smetal, Feb 14, 2007.

1. 80smetal

80smetal Guest

I know this all comes down to personal preference, trial and error, and each individually inconsistent and equally tempermental XBOX DVD drive out there, lol. I'm getting my XBOX modded next week and i want to get a good brand of media. I have a thompson drive, but i am not all pessimistic and it is not all that bad if you work around its faults. It reads some of my burnt movies flawlessly off generic, no brand DVD+R media. The other generic brand did no fair to well though and skipped alot. I think testing movies is a good preliminary test before i get my chip to determine if my drive is capable of running media or if i have to solely use a bigger HDD for all my gaming and entertainment needs.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

The above link was somewhat helpful but due to the dyamic and changing nature of the electronic media industry and other variables it is not really a strong source.
    I have heard alot of favourites of Verbatim media(their new discs have AZO dye and superior technology) and i can buy a 50 pack for $26 which is pretty good value. I won't know how well they work till i buy them but i gotta take the punt. What really makes it confusing is that you can't make judjement on solely a brand name, as most big corporate entities outsource to other countries where quality might be questionable. Any other brands you guys are having good results with? feel free to share....

2. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Surprisingly I have had good results with Sony DVD+R....Game works fine for me.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R Silver Laquer (premium line)
    Verbatim 8X DVD-R
    Philips 8X DVD-R
    those are my top 3 choices. all of which i have used for movies PS2 games and Xbox games.

Best store to get them from: supermediastore.com
    Taiyo Yuden 100 pack $33.99 and free shipping
    Verbatim 50 pack $18.99 with free shipping

they only ship in the US though