1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best dvd-r's for playback on standalone players?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jetsetter, Oct 28, 2004.

1. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

does anyone have any recommendations as to what types of dvd-r's are compatible with a good amount of standalones? also, does it matter what software you use? do certain burning progs provide better compatibility with the standalone players? for instance, i burned some dvd's using dvd shrink and nero and they played back fine in my JVC player but the playback was jittery in my brother's Philip's player (always towards the middle), and they didn't play at all in my Panasonic DVD/VCR combo. do i just have the lucky dvd player or is there better software or discs that i could be using? the brands i used were maxell and fujifilm. any suggestions on the aforementioned topics would be great. thanks in advance!

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

In general...the better quality discs work in more standalones.
    I use Shintaro and I haven't had any issues. I've also had a very low failure rate (less than 1%).
    Usually the disc brand is everything with compatibility between players.

You should probably look in the "DVD players" forum...I can see some similar threads there.

Adder.