1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best media for backing up Xbox games? Problems with Punisher . . .

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gibletboy, Jan 23, 2005.

1. gibletboy

gibletboy Member

Hey all, so I've successfully backed up the Punisher and now when I play it it takes a long time to load. It finally does, but then also slows down during the game. For example, a guy falls from a window and two secnds later you hear the scream and thud. I'm using Sony 8X DVD-Rs and burning at 2X. Aside from the fact that it takes a long time to load, etc. I'm worried that the constant spinning and laser trying to read will shorten the life of my Xbox. Does anyone have any suggestions based on Model, drive, etc.? How can I find out what DVD drive my Xbox has?

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Do you have other "backed up" games? Do they exhibit the same behavior? I burned a 50 pack of Sony dvd-r without any problems at 8x speed(not all games, mostly movies).If I had to make a guess, I would say you have a problem with either your xbox dvdrom drive or your dvd writer.
    You could open it up and look at the drive.Usually has the name of the Co. printed on it.An xbox program called config magic will tell you what drive you have also.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Try using Verbatim DVD+R if you have a Thompson or Phillips.

OR

Maybe you can try to "wipe off" the disc for a bit and then pop it back in.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  4. ld71499

ld71499 Member