1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best no solder mod?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by StatikOne, Jun 8, 2004.

1. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Sorry if this is asked often, search function is working for me. I looked for myself but cannot find anything.
    I wanted to know what is the best no solder mod chip? About a year ago I almost bought a Matrix but I kept hearing about how they get loose easily, so I decided to wait for new mod chips. I have heard about the Xecuter 2.3b lite + recently and Xenium w/solderless adapter.

I basically want to play backups, emulators, movies.

What is the best one? If there is no clear answer, what are the advantages for each?
    What is the best place to buy?

Thank You!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  2. redjuice

redjuice Member

www.xbox-scene.com has your answers. First you need to know what ver of the xbox you have. From there your choices of mods are narrowed slightly. I have a 1.3 xbox with a xbit, and it works great for what I need. Plays movies, emulates, games, anything I want pretty much. The big key in whatever one you choose is to clean your xbox contacts with alcohol first. Again, just do some reading at xbox-scene.

3. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

I have a version 1.0 Xbox.
    I have decided between Xecuter 2.3b Lite + and Xenium w/solderless adapter.

I was going to get the Xecuter, but I was amazed by the high amount of FRAG problems people had in xbox-scene.

Can anyone let me know which mod is easier to have successfull installation with, based on thier experiences?

BTW, can you use Xecuter files with Xenium?

Thank You.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Statik,
    from my experience, I would go with the Xecuter lite +. I have had experience with both the lite + and the Chameleon Chip (both Solderless), but I havent delt with the Xenium.

I have installed two Chameleon chips and they werent too difficult, but alligning that damn D0 point was a real bitch! it took at least 20 min to get that thing alligned.

I have installed about five Xecuter lite +'s now and most of them were a snap. alligning them was simple, just line up the 3 hole from the chip and the mobo, screw down and you are set. I do admit I have run into some frag problems, but what I have learned is when you first screw it down, screw it down VERY lightly and test out the box, if there is no frag, screw it down about 3/4 of a revolution and you should be good, but if you get frag then just adjust it a little (while its still screwed down, if you have it screwed down lightly like I said it wont hurt the board), test it out again and hopefully it should have no frag.

not to mention, the lite + has an external switch if you still want to use xbox live (but if you are like me and are too cheap to pay for live, you would use other methods of online gaming like xbconnect or kai/xlink).

anyways, I really like using the lite +, as a matter of fact Im going to install two more in the very near future. and of the 2 chameleon that Ive installed, one of them stopped working for some odd reason and switched that one out for a lite +.

As far as where to get them, I only go to one place, gameshopusa.com I have ordered almost all of the chips from them and they are very quick, the price is right ( I believe they sell them now for $5o bucks), Shipping is quick and cheap, and they have gotten good reviews from xbox-scene members. Also, if you plan to get one from them, there is a coupon code that can get you $5 bucks off your order. the coupon code is "xbscn5off" (without the quotes).

I hope this helpped

5. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Thanks for the help guys!

With Xenium you can use Live, I heard you disbable the mod through the software instead of external switch.
    I probably won't use Live anyway.

I'm leaning toward Xecuter2 Lite + again...
    I'm kind of confused about how to install the external switch though.

I read the instructions at:
    http://www.teamxecuter.com/x23b_liteplus_method.htm

But there is no text explaining what going on in the diagram.

6. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

it is as simple as those pics show on that tut. if you look under the controller ports, there is little vents holes, you have to route the wires under the controller ports and through those vents. its very simple.

7. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Now that I look at it, it's so simple!

I guess the first 2 slides shows that you unscrew that part, but do I screw it back on after putting the wire through?

I guess i'm just worrying about it being difficult. I will order the chip tomorrow.
    Thank you for everything!
    I hope that coupon isn't expired yet! :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  8. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

yeah you do screw it down. dont worry, the wire is thin enough that there is no need to worry if the port is screwed down too tight. it will be fine. And as far as the coupon goes, it should be good, from what I hear it will always be good.

9. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

My confidence in installing this thing went upto like 100%. Thanks so much!

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i got the xecuter 2.3blite+ and i can tell you i was just like you, thinking it would be challenging to install, flash, evox, but it really isnt, with good knowledge you can get the chip working in one day. i didnt need no fibre pen either. the switch is really easy to install, youll see

11. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

hey statik,
    once you get your chip, look to get the Slayers Auto installer, it will save you tons of time. Since your going to mod your box, to get the most out of your box you need to upgrade the hdd

12. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Jdilla, I almost asked about the pen, thanks for letting me know. You must be psychic!

deezp1, I have a spare 30GB HDD right now. I'll test things out with that and get a bigger one if I need more space.
    I'm going to download Slayers Auto Installer, I heard about it months ago but forgot about it.

13. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

I don't want to flood the board with my topics so i'm asking this in my old topic:

If I am using a used hard drive, is the only step I need to take is use HDprepar on it?

Thank You.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  14. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

if you use slayers it will erase and reformat the hdd for you. its easy!

15. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

SATA drives don't work, do they?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  16. redjuice

redjuice Member

Get a new HD. The one the xbox comes with is too small for what you are going to be doing with your machine.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Better living through http://www.maxpower.ca[/i][size=9] Soon to be home of the worlds biggest "Special K"[/size][/small]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  17. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

re sata drive
    just get yourself a good ide hdd
    use an autoinstaller
    load what you want
    personally I cant see the point of locking a drive, as you can access ms dash (for xlive) from evox
    but if you lock a new drive, write down the password, if your xbox mo/bo screws up , and your drive is still locked, all it is good or is a paperweight..........unless you have the password.
    btw solder chips are the best way to go
    better connection, fewer problems after install, and cheaper
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC SPEC: XP 3000+ (overclocked) asus 2x fsb 400, 768mb ddr 2700, ati pro 128mb, pioneer a106 w/ hacked firmware
    XBOX SPEC: ver.1.2 with Xecuter 2.3-4983 bios,80gb hdd,Samsung sdg605,evox,xbmc,xbmp,dvdxr,xprogear,
    mame0x w/ 1,500 roms, kawax w/ 100 roms[/small]

18. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

I have a 120GB Western Digital HDD - Model: WD1200BB.

I was wondering which one of these options I should make:
    [​IMG]

Obviosuly not the first one, but not sure between 3-1, 3-2 and 4.

Thanks again!

19. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

you should do 3-2 in case you plan to use xbox live in the future. when you choose this option and you disable your chip (after locking hdd), xbox live will think your box is unmodded. where as if you choose 3-1, even if you disable your chip and lock your hdd, your box will still be detected as modded.

20. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004