1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best program to copy safedisc 2.9 protected games?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by chainz, Nov 17, 2004.

1. chainz

chainz Guest

I have a 2 sheep burner and was wondering what program would I use to backup safedisc 2.8 and 2.9 games and to be able to play them without emulation? If possible could you please post the settings for these programs. Thanks.

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

I use Alcohol 120%, and have had no troubles with Safedisc v2.0-3.2. Select safedisc 2x/3x datatype when making image, when image is made burn it back to dic using Safedisc 2x/3x defaults and a slow burn speed. If your burner is capable (2 sheep doesnt always mean no emulation)it should work fine. As I said though even if it comes out perfect 1:1 nothing will change the fact its on a CD-R and not a stamped genuine, so you may still need to use 'ignore media type' emulation on some drives.

3. djcre3

djcre3 Member

Would using Safedisc 2/3 also apply for a game with protection Safedisc 2.70?
    Also how long does it usually take to create an image of a cd? Is there usually lots of disc read errors?

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Surely will. It works from version 1 to version 4, if your burner is capable. Read errors are perfectly normal and part of the safedisc protection. They begin around the 400-900 mark and end around 10,500.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004