1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Video Capture Card

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by arunc, Jan 22, 2005.

1. thatpeg

thatpeg Guest

Rebootjim, Isn't that BTWincap driver you recommend meant for the 8-bit BT878 chipset? My card (Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Expert) has the Conexant CX2388X 10-bit decoder... Do you think I shouldn't use the WDM driver that Leadtek offers?
    Thanks,
    Peg

2. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

i have a ads tech usb converter and it works great and it comes with Ulead video studio and Ulead movie factory which are great programs and it's only about $70-$80

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t think there are any Third party Drivers for the "Conexant CX2388X 10Bit decoder Chip" so you have no Choice but to use the drivers that came with the Card....

The Drivers for my PixelView XCapture card work Fine and it uses the same Chipset as your Card so you shouldn"t have any Problems with these drivers....

Cheers

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking BT878...different card, different chip.

5. gravitar

gravitar Guest

Hello! I'm a total newbie, this is my first post. Where are you guys getting the Leadtek TV2000 cards from? Who has the best deal (in the US)? I would like to buy 3 because a couple of my friends want them as well. Do any of the big chain computer stores have them? I found a guy on ebay selling them for $64/ea incl. shipping, just wondering if there's better deals to be had on new ones.

thanks,
    Kevin

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

www.pricewatch.com
    There's a place selling them for $41 and free shipping if you get 2 or more.

7. gravitar

gravitar Guest

Hey thanks for the quick response! I checked on pricewatch and there was a place (Computer 3G) that lists one as a "TV2000 XP RM" for $42.50, but they also have one that is listed as the "TV2000 XP Expert" for $50.00 + $5 shipping. Are these actually two different cards? Is the "expert" better? What was the actual website that had them for $41?

thanks,
    Kevin

8. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Dont' get the XP RM!!!!
    I didn't look closely, but I just searched for "Leadtek TV2000"

9. gravitar

gravitar Guest

Thanks for the advice, I probably would have got the RM because it looks almost the same! I did another search, and found a place that had them for $48.95, shipping included. Not too shabby. It looks like the $41 ones were the RM. Again thanks for the advice, hopefully I'll have my cards very soon!

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

You would probably get the Best deal on ebay ,It is were I get most of my Computer parts and i get the best deals there....

Cheers

11. jupeter

jupeter Guest

I'd like advice you the TV-card whith 7130,9 BIT,using VD 1.6.4 to capture the video.

12. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Get your cards from New Egg.com - low cost and you get a great shipping turn around and a good reputable company to deal with.

Edit: Do yourself a favor and read www.resellerratings.com feedback any internet company you think about using from Pricewatch. Some are nightmares.

I got my Leadtek TV Expert from them. I suggest a quick trip to TV-cards.com forum - it's the perfect "other" forum to add to this one for friendly fast help from nice folks.

Tip: When you get the Leadtek cards, DO NOT install from the cd's that come with the cards. Get the latest software and drivers off Leadtek's internet site. The disks that came with both a TV Expert and a USB II Deluxe that I installed both went into crazy loops opening about 20 instances of the installer program when executed. Trust me on this one =)

The Winfast PVR is good at captures. Also you can capture right to ready to burn formats using Ulead Movie Factory which should be included in the bundled package. Do get the patches from Ulead's website being careful to install the ones for SE (special edition) which is what will be bundled.

Happy Capping!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005