1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

better to burn at 1x or max speed?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rentose, Jan 17, 2004.

1. rentose

rentose Guest

Hi there, need some info please: is it recommended to burn a dvd at 1x speed only for the reason of avoiding burn errors, or does it also produce a dvd that can be read easier or is a better quality burn. If my burns are all succeeding at max speed, would it be better to burn my dvd at 1x, would they play better in my ps2 machine because theyre burnt slower? I mainly burn backups of my original PS2 games, and thus far have done them all at max speed. Thank you!
    Mac

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

I am afraid you have entered the big black void, it is all trial and error, so many different issues as to what setup you have, type of drive, types of media, type of software you using. You basically have to find a method that works for you and your pcs config and just stick with that. It sounds like your method works so way change it.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No need to change things if what you're doing is working fine. Unless you just like to wait longer for a disc to burn.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey nephilim i did notice that after the intial burn when i did a burn from the copy if it was done on 1 speed it still looks quite good but when done on maximum i start to see little flickers.IS there anyway i can get that removed as a 1 speed burn takes about 88 mins

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

There is no evidence at all to suggest that burning at 1x is in any way more compatible or produces better results than burning at 4x. Only ocasionally will you get an error message before or during burning which points to a calibration error and that is nearly always when copying a disc on the fly at 4x when it was originally rendered to disc at 1 or 2x. Even then that is due to read problems and not to actual burning.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks for the info