1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.bin to .cue to dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by leighv, Feb 3, 2005.

1. leighv

leighv Member

Hi - I have a .bin file that I want to copy to a dvd+r disc. Why a dvd+r - because that's all my dvd player reads....

Questions:

1) Are .bin files always SVCD's??
    2) When I try and copy the .bin file to the dvd - Nero asks me for dvd-r. Is this encoded in the .bin? How can I change it or convert it to a dvd+r??

Cheers.

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i dont think if you got it to burn to the dvd+r that it would work in your dvd player anyways because it would just be a vcd/svcd on the disk.no,bin and cue are not always svcds.generally people will make a bin or cue file out of a vcd or svcd because a bin file is a form of cd image.a bin file could be any cd image.cd,game etc.if its a film in a bin file,chances are its a vcd or svcd.if you want to put this on dvd,you have to convert the dat file inside it to a vob file.

heres what to do:

1) download winiso. http://www.winiso.com/download.htm
    2) open the bin file in it.you will see the files inside the bin file.
    3) select all the files and extract them from the bin.
    4) now convert the dat file to vob.there are many programs 4 this but i highly recommend winavi video converter. http://www.winavi.com/download.htm
    %)now just use your desired program 4 burning them to dvd.

or

1)download ultraiso. http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/download.htm
    2)open in the same way and extract the dat file to filter to mpeg2 frames.
    3)then you have an mpeg2 file which you can burn straight to dvd with some programs that will automatically make a dvd out of it or just use winavi video converter to make the vobs first.

hope this was clear enough :)

3. leighv

leighv Member

Thanks for all that - but even after doing that surely if I still cannot put this onto a dvd+r then I am still not going to be able to play this on my dvd player.

Also - if I remember correctly the .bin and .cue files are extracted when I use Nero - but as I said - my problem is the type of dvd that it is trying to record to....

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Once extracted from the .bin file, you'll be converting them to dvd video format (VOB). Once converted to VOB, the files should burn to dvd+r.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

follow 97bulluck...

but extract the bin with ISOBUSTER or ULTRAISO ! then let us know the files types what are in there!

now if it is like vcd svcd, take the big .DAT file out and place it in tmpgenc plus to convert to mpeg2 dvd compliant files...

(if it wont load in, use vcdeasy on mpeg tools to correct the RIFF headers...then load to plus!)

also load a template so you dont have to mess with settings for PAL or NTSC! then convert

now once thats done place in tmpgenc dvd author to make vobs and burn with it!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

no.the problem is not that you are using dvd+r disks,its that you are trying to burn a cd image to a dvd.nero wont have extracted it,it will have just tried to burn it.thats why you are getting the error message.

follow the instructions listed on this page and you will be alright.

BTW,i recommend winiso be the program you use as its extremely fast for exracting bins.

7. leighv

leighv Member

So - question - if I burn to a cd - what do I have to do - the same or??? Cheers.

8. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

no.its a lot easier if you are putting it on cd.

first,make sure you know that your dvd player or whatever you want to play the movie on/in plays vcds/svcds.if it does,great!piece o cake!

if you have a .cue file:

1)just open the cue file in nero and burn!simple as that!(make sure the bin and cue file are in the same folder first)

if you dont have a .cue file:

1)download a program like bin2iso http://www.codeproject.com/tools/Bin2Iso.asp that will convvert your bin into an iso.
    2)burn the iso in nero.(make sure to tick finalize cd)

9. leighv

leighv Member

So the bin file is too big to fit on a CD. I opened it in Nero and then try to burn it - and that was a message I received. How could this be???

So I guess I am back to try and put this on a DVD. The file is labelled a SVCD/////

10. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear leighv,

Hope these additional comments would not confuse you:

1) No, .bin files are not always SVCDs. As a matter of fact, they might not even be video files.

2) If the suggestions already given did not work, you may try use VCD Gear to convert the bin files into mpeg format, then burn away in whatever way you like with Nero or other programs. VCD Gear is a free program downloadable from here:

http://www.vcdgear.com/

Good luck!

11. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

if its a bin file and its a svcd then its meant for a cd!

so i dont see why it would be too big for one.you are probably using 680mb cds.make sure to use a 700mb disk.a svcd,if its a 2hour film or something,is going to have to stretch to extreme lengths and is probably only one of two megs short of maxing out a cd.