1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios for my Xenium OS v2.0.0

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Joshua436, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

What is the best bios for this chip? How do you flash the bios on this OS?

2. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I have version 1.6 And the chip is Xenium ICE. How do I flash and what bios?

3. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

I am using evoxM8_16LBA because i upgraded my hard drive to 160 gig and you will need that LBA version if you will install a hard drive more than 130 gig...or you will loose the rest of the hardrive space...it will also work even if u don't change your hard drive as long it says 16 on it.

4. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

Where might I find this at?

5. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

try eurasia.nu

6. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

Thanks trying to join the site. How do you flash with this OS 2.0.1?

7. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Let's start from the beginning.Is your xbox modded already with Xenium Ice?If it's not, you have to install the xenium Ice first using it's own bios(make sure you back up the original first).If you modded it already, you have to network your Xbox to your computer.Once they started communicating, put the new EvoxM8_16LBA into your Xbox hardrive, and by using Xenon's menu when you boot your Xbox,you can flash your bios from there.Just follow Xenon's menu prompt.It's pretty straight forward.

8. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

How do I install the dashboard?

9. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

By now, you should have: a modified XBOX with a working Xenium ICE modchip, installed the retail BIOS and an additional BIOS, set up the Xenium FTP server, set up the XBOX/PC network connection, installed FlashFXP (or some other FTP client) on your PC, successfully connected to your XBOX, backed up your EEprom to the Xenium, and backed up your hard drive.

Right now, you need to get a copy of Evolution-X Dashboard-Build 3935, if you don’t already have it. Again, do not confuse this with Evolution-X BIOS. Team Evolution-X makes both software products, but they are different from each other. You want the dashboard files. Extract the dashboard archive to a folder on your PC. We have to do a couple of things to it before we can send it over to the XBOX.

Ok. In the folder where you extracted the archive, locate the file evox.ini. On some Windows PCs you will only see “evox” by the notepad-with-gear icon and “Configuration settings” written below it. The file has a file size of about 4KB.

Open this file in a text editor. On Windows PCs, just double-click the icon and the file should be opened in the default text editor (usually Notepad). You can also open the file in a word processing program, but you must be very careful that when you save the file, that you save it in plain text format and that the file name and extension don’t get changed.

Move down through the file until you come to the line [Network]. Below this line are the network settings Evolution-X will use with its built-in network services. You should have the following lines:

[Network]
    SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = Yes
    Ip = <your XBOX IP address>
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway = <your PC IP address>
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0
    SetupDelay = 0
    SkipIfNoLink = No

Edit these settings to reflect the same data that you put into the Xenium OS Network Settings menu.

Save the changes you have made and exit the text editor.
    Now we can transfer the dashboard files to the XBOX. Make sure the XBOX is turned on and sitting at the Xenium OS menu. It doesn’t matter which screen the Xenium OS is displaying, just as long as it is on an XOS screen. This is so that we can be sure the Xenium OS FTP service is running.

Start FlashFXP on your PC. Click the lightning bolt icon over the right pane, select XBOX from the list. This will automatically connect with the XBOX. If you can not connect, and you are using DHCP, then you may have to change the IP address in Site Manager since the DHCP server may have assigned a new one to the XBOX.

Once FlashFXP has connected to the XBOX and you see the XBOX folders in the right pane, double-click the XBOX’s C folder to open it. This is where we will be putting the Evolution-X dashboard files.

Now, in the left pane, navigate to the folder on the PC containing the Evolution-X files. You want to transfer two files to the XBOX. Evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe. Once these files have transferred (it goes pretty quickly) that’s all there is to it! If you also have the Skins folder on your PC, you can drag that over as well, but it is not necessary for dashboard operation.

At this point, you can go over to the Xenium OS, go to the Launch Menu, and select any BIOS other than the original (retail kernel). Confirm that you want to launch it, and if everything went right, you should see the Evolution-X dashboard appear on your TV screen.
    to your PC.

10. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I can't get my pc to connect to xbox using FlasFxp. I have a cable connected

11. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I can't download EvolutionX dashboard what about Avalanch?

12. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

If u r connecting u're xbox to your pc's nic card, u have to use a CROSSOVER cable cat5.If you r connecting through a router,then u can use a regular cat5 cable.Run FlashFXP and check this settings:

Using FlashFxp:

turn off "show hidden files option. Make sure the type of files you are x-fering are listed in the known file block, or just turn it on to auto and make sure Passive Mode is unchecked.

Yes, you can use Avalaunch if u wanted too,but im not too familiar with it since I use Evox which everything is there to manage your Xbox(play movie/music,trainers,file transfers etc..)

13. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I am connecting USB to Xbox.

14. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

If you r trying to network your PC and your Xbox through USB,FlashFXP will not work.It's meant to be through cat5 cables and network card.Not USB.

15. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I bought a network card and CAT5 cable with the RJ45 Ends. What else do I need to do to connect to xbox? Do I need to mod the cable?

16. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

You probably have a regular cat5 cable.You can use that if you will connect through a router.if you will connect it straight to your pc's network card, you will need a crossover cat5 cable(radioshack has it for $7.00).It looks the same as the the regular cat5 only it says crossover which a couple of wires are connected differently inside.

17. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I can't get my pc to connect to xbox. I have the crossover cable and have a network card in my computer. Can anyone help?

18. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

If u r using FlashFXP, what does it say?Also did Windows recognized your network card?

19. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

My network card is install. How do I set up the connecting? I am using Windows XP. The way I have it now, Flashfxp will not connect. I get "No Route To Host" if I connect to my dail-up and try it is comes up connected for a few seconds and then is lost.

20. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I got connected I c the files now. So what next?>