1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BioShock

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by doobers, Sep 5, 2007.

1. doobers

doobers Member

well. heres the story.
    i bought Bioshock thinkin it would b a sick game to play. i looked at the sys reqs and all seemed well.
    i get home and install it. starts up well. notice it isnt running all that well so i try and let the graphics go down a bit, but whenever i try and get rid of V-sync, force lighting and lower the resolution the game decides to crash.

it does play without them on, but id b lucky to hit double digits in FPS. its crap.

i paid more than i should have for it, and it cant be returned. any tips on how to make it not die?

i have a asus F3jr
    core 2 duo T7200 2ghz
    2g ram
    ATI x2300
    and vista home premium

thanks in advance

2. allybhoy

allybhoy Member

hmm.... I had a similar problem with HL Episode 1 and STALKER,my system was well inside the min specs but it was mad glitchy,when i lowered the in game settings, sound visuals, lighting etc it eased it a bit but i didnt see why i should have to do that. If your just playing single player start with the obvious, disable everything that you dont need to play, eg:- network adapter,vista sidebar,AV, and change the display to windows vista basic (disables the rotating tabbed windows and saves a load of RAM) etc etc. Also check your Graphics card and see what its doing with the onboard memory, ive seen Vista sometimes for no reason atall, rob half the memory on the adapter and use it as system memory. Just go in through device manager and check it in there.

Another thing to try is Ready Boost, which allows you to stick a USB Stick into your pc and use it for extra RAM.

Hope some of this helps.

3. doobers

doobers Member

both HL2 and HL2E1 work fine for me. i think in HL2 i even put it up to full graphics, even with macxed out AF and AA. stalker has a pretty low FPS but still playable.
    i just tried the ready boost stuff. didnt really do much for me :(
    its so annoying. i paid near enough to 100$ for the game and it doesnt even work.
    not a happy camper.

any other ideas?

thanks

4. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

I played bioshock with my 5 year old machine around 20FPS with low quality lol, it played well except that colors looked 8bit otherwise i would have played it, heheh :)

AMD 1.7 Athlon XP
    512MB DDR 333
    Geforce 6200 128MB DDR AGP8x
    SBLIVE 5.1

5. megatito

megatito Member

Dude please did u find a solution for the game i bought mine 2 days ago and im going crazy ...i also have an ASUS with an atix2300 i´ve tried everything i could find online but nothing seems to be working..is it the downgrading the video setups on the game? drivers? or what

6. doobers

doobers Member

hahaha
    wow, this thread died ages ago and u revived it.
    i gave up on bioshock ages ago. i never did find a way to make it work.
    i got the orange box instead and have been playin team fortress ever since.

i wish i could find a way to play. but i cant.
    sorry i cant help u man.

maybe sometime in the future a patch or summin could come out....