1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Trinity

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bbmayo, Apr 23, 2005.

1. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Your disc drives are telling you that something is wrong with the disc and they don't like it. This generally means a marred disc such as dirty, smeared, smudged, scratched or otherwise less than perfect. It appears that there are increasing numbers of "bad" pressings being released in the market.

You can try to clean the disc, run DVD Decrypter in the file mode with "ignore all errors" selected and, if that doesn't work, replace the original disc.

2. brockseal

brockseal Member

You must be the lucky one. Blade trinity I could not copy. I have over a thousand movies on my wall. None of my tools would get past the 4th vob file. Shirnk with dvd43 locked up in the analyzation phaze. Decrypter coughed up an unreadable sector like the disk was scratched and was unable to insert dummy sectors. You mentioned that you dont need that 4th vob file but without it your vob sequence will be incorrect and you will not be able to encode it.

WTF

3. brockseal

brockseal Member

It don't backe up fine

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Guys,

Go to the first few posts and read!! There is nothing unusual about this disc. If you are unable to copy, it is most likely your disc or your procedures.

5. brockseal

brockseal Member

I don't know bilbo65 mabye there was a limited pressing of blade disks with this pilot protection. Out of a thousand movies personally copied this has been the only one my arsenal of decrypting software hasn't been able to take down. Ever since decryptor was able to insert dummy sectors and get through sony's acros missing block protection there hasn't been a movie made or on the shelf that I cant take down.

The decryptor log says yes there is no special protection on the disk, the disk was clean and brand new and it was failing like it was scratched badly. I didn't try one click dvd copy but on multiple machines using xcopy or decryptor or shink with dvd43 could take it down. The movie wasn't damaged and played fine. xcopy just bombs, shrink locks up and freezes during analyzation of the 4th vob, decryptor newest release, abort retry ignore message on the 4th vob. My proccess is valid

6. Runestar

Runestar Member

Had the same issue but on second disc.. the bonus features. VOB 4 gave an error. I figured strange to put protection on second disc. Did a repair and clean the disc. Put it back in and it ripped it fine. I was using the newest release of DVD Decrypter and it ran through perfect. I would still have to think the disc has something slightly imperfect on it.

7. movies27

movies27 Regular member

bilbo65 is right i copied this dics very easily ....even the sony picture movies like the grudge..res pt.2,etc are no problem with anydvd.

8. brockseal

brockseal Member

Weird, the second disk went through fine for me. Interesting you said it failed on the 4th vob file. The same file on the first disk was the one I'm having trouble with. Ill get a new copy tonight and see if it was the disk or i get one without that problem. There was one other this week too that had the sector block missing but decryptor id it and inserted dummy blocks. Mabye the disk was damaged but reading the posts I was not the only one who had trouble with the 4th vob on the first disk.

9. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

thought i would throw my 2 cents in blade trinity was a freat movie also i backed it up using dvd decrypter and shrink full movie with no compression without any problems and played just like the origional

10. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

Runestar i would pick a little guy over a big guy anyday big stuff comes in small packages so comming from experience here myself im not a big guy and id bet 1 out of 40 big monsters id bring them down to my size not to be picking an argument with you just stating facts

11. GOG427

GOG427 Member

i was going to say darkness and blade both can only really copied with "movie only" with shrink, blade 100% no compresson but darkness i could only get 75.5 compresson movie only ..i'm going to watch it now and see how good it came out. i really dont want to use a standalone program like xcopy or 1 clik because they have auto compression.

12. LEGI0N

LEGI0N Member

Did any of you guys have a problem playing the ORIGINAL due to the "Disc1 Film" Stamp?

I did, my standalone had serious audio and video problems on playback of 4 Originals. A friend of mine made a backup and I tried it in my stand alone and there wasnt one problem at all. So I decided to see if I could get his ORIGINAL to play, and just like the others right at chapter 15 ( extended edition ) the audio and video started jumping.

13. rube97

rube97 Guest

i was able to finally burn it by reauthoring it with shrink, the main title 2, title one is the trouble one..thanks for your help though guys, your forums are very helpful.

14. mack714

mack714 Member

Brockseal said it perfectly! I too have backed up over a thousand movies and i'm faced with the exact same problem. The 4th vob will not copy, DVD Decryter stops there as well as DVD Shrink and CloneDVD. I have all the latest versions. What are the odds of multiple people having the same problem but yet some of you keep saying there's no problem or the problem lies with us. Can someone else offer more than this comment?

15. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Mack714,

I've said it before and will say it again, BLADE TRINITY is nothing special really. As a matter of fact, I've just backed up yesterday using the latest from SHRINK and DVD Decrypter easily. I've tested with "1Click and DVD43 running in the background and InterVideo 2 with DVDIdle Pro v5.82" in the background(not the latest version but still the newest and it can handle anything from Sony's ARccOS), both went smoothly without any issue at all. If "SHRINK and DVD Decrypter" is too complicated to rip, with that being said; it keep freezing, then I would say; try to download DVD43 [make sure it's the latest version, my version is 3.5.2.113 and YES.... it's FREE to use] you've got nothing to lose. Method of ripping with DVD43: simply put the original dvd into dvd-rom drive, open up any of your player, i.e. Windows Media, WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc. and let it plays for atleast "35 seconds -> 1 or 2 minutes." By doing this, DVD43 will detects any code protection and it will remove it -- meaning you should see a "red angry devil face" then eventually it will turn into a "green smiley face", if you see this, now you can open up SHRINK and do your normal back up procedures. If for some reason, DVD43 did not run in the background right after you've inserted the original dvd into your dvd-rom, then go to START, PROGRAM, and click on the GREEN FACE in DVD43 - this should run now. In addition, for whatever reason DVD43 detects, but fail to show you a "green smiley face", simply restart your computer and follow the above steps untill it detects then back up with SHRINK again. On the other hand, you can try to download the trial version from DVDIdle Pro 5.84(this will run in the background also) and again use SHRINK to rip and back up. It shouldn't be that hard on Blade Trinity. By the way, if you're going to back up with SHRINK and DVD Decrypter again, then chose [main movie, Title 1] that's the longer version I think. Did you happened to set the ignore error settings and check all(everything) in the removable protections in Tools & Settings?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  16. sbrryhll

sbrryhll Member

[bold] BLADE TRINITY SOLUTION! [/bold]

[bold] ATTENTION EVERYBODY! [/bold] Despite what everybody is saying, there is a problem with alot of the Blade Trinity Uncut Disc 1. I rented 4 different versions and they all had the same problems on the Extended Vesrion copy at[bold] VTS_01_4.VOB [/bold] which is at the end of Chapter 15 (about an 1:21 and 17 sec into the movie).

[bold] THE SOLUTION! [/bold]

1. Open up DVDShrink
    2. Click [bold] RE-AUTHOR [/bold] button at the top next to [bold] FULL DISC [/bold] button
    3. Click Blade_Trinity_Extended under Devices with Removable Storage section on the right hand section.
    4. Under Main Movie section...right click on Title 2 and select "ADD" (this should began the analysis).
    5. Click [bold] BACKUP! [/bold] button at to next to FULL DISC button to begin encoding.
    6. You have just successfully backup the theatrical version to Blade Trinity

I'm sorry but this is the only option for users with the bad copies of Blade Trinity. I tried backing up the full disc with DVDDecrypter for 2 days straight ignoring all read errors and without any interruption and it wouldn't work. Hope this helps...hi me back and let me know!!!

17. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Something you may not have known about is how common defective discs are becoming. Though dvd players are more forgiving when playing one of these discs, you will find it close to impossible to rip this whithout a problem. Like someone had suggested on another thread after they found this to be true, "Maybe this is the new copy protection, error-ridden discs". I myself have had to exchange about 8 dvds in the last 2 years due to this problem.(Very common on disney dvds) Another thing to keep in mind is the ability of some dvd drives. Not all are equal and unfortunately everyone thinks their drive is the best. Just something to consider.

Hope you all solve the mystery of the "Piece of Shit Pressings". Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  18. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I can't understand why it is hard for people to believe that there are BRAND NEW DEFECTIVE DVDS being pressed. This is the same thing I tried to get across in the Spanglish thread that one of the mods stickied. If 50% of the members back this movie up with no special problems and 50% do have problems using the same programs, then you need to re-think why your backup process failed. Bad pressings are getting to be a very common problem. If your backup process has worked on other movies and then fails on one, it probably IS NOT your programs or hardware. The exception is if you just changed something on your system such as updated a program or added hardware and then your process failed. In time I'm sure we will see more new encryptions, but when that happens everyone will usually be unable to backup that dvd with the new encryption. Blade Trinity is no different than any other movie and does not have a new encryption. You can expect defective originals that will play great but won't rip.

Jerry

19. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

National Treasure rips well too. No extra security. Shrink and Nero took a total of 33 minutes from rip to burn.

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

besides the issues raised above,

i have to agree with Jerry746 that there are alot of cheapo discs of original status being sold to us nowadays! 1 guy took 3 back, got the forth and got it to rip, thats just 1 guy there are lots on here!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005