1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by murdog, Mar 8, 2004.

1. murdog

murdog Member

I need help. I have been sucessful in burning DVD's from pre-authored DVD's, but all of a sudden it is not working. My steps are: 1) DVD shrink 2) Nero Burning ROM, click on DVD video, Far left click on Video_TS > add files, which is done and looks appropriate, then click on the Burn the current compulation, which it appears to do. When I go to play the DVD in either the DVD-R or DVD_RW drive it days "no media present". I know it's not a disc quality issue because it has been successful many times up to now. I am not doing multi-sessions so I don't think its a closure problem. What am I missing...I have wasted too mant disc's....HELP!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if they are already on dvd-r discs, you can just use dvd decrypter in iso read, iso write mode.

3. murdog

murdog Member

Thanks for the info....but I would still like to know what I did wrong. I still have disc's with information on them.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

murdog,

I'm not sure why but sometimes when I get finished burning a DVD and go to play it, it give much the same error message - It sounds silly but, I'd like you to shut down your PC (restart it) and as soon as it's up try again - when I give mine a "shut eye" all the discs miraculously begin to play :D

Welcome to the Club,

Pete

5. murdog

murdog Member

Thanks but no success

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi murdog, Don't completely rule out the media problem. You can get bad blank discs out of the same pack as some good ones. We all know this from experience. Cheaper media can have as much as 1/2 the pack bad. Just something I thought I would pass along.
    Jerry

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea, hoping it was something that wouldn't cost him money - BUT

Better pickup some Ritek G04 OR some Verbatims :)

Ya can't beat the "Good Stuff" :)

Pete

8. IMMENO

IMMENO Guest

I personally use TDK DVD-R and I've gone through 6 and all of them have worked great. I use that media with DVD Shrink and Nero, whether it's all through DVD Shrink or ripped with shrink and then I do the extra Nero steps (I tried with both to see how it worked)

BUT ANYWAY - TDK worked fine for me, I'm not sure how much they were though cause mommy bought them for me this time

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try your burns on a RW disc till you get the problem licked. It will save you some cash. I still have a house full of coasters from when I started.
    Jerry

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Good point Jerry !

IMMENO,

I think you'll find that TDK is considered in the "Fair" catagory - at least that's my understanding - should you have some unsolved issues in the future, leave room to climb a little higher on the media ladder :)

Pete

11. murdog

murdog Member

Again...I know it is possible, but I don't think it is the media. The media I am using is by Ricoh (Arita). There is something else happening.

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Okie, Dokie Mr murdog,

Let's get too it -

Nero gets "flaky" at times and needs a "smack up-side de head" - Us low lifes call it an uninstall - reboot, reinstall, reboot.

We'll assume everything is fine EXCEPT your burning -

Keep using your RW media until we can get a good burn.

Let me know how you did with the reinstall -

I also want you to go to this site, I know it says DVD XCopy but some of the software listed effects Nero too - let's work on those :D

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/49908

Pete