1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

---Blown Hard Drive--- Please HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by vvcdoctor, Apr 8, 2007.

1. vvcdoctor

vvcdoctor Member

Right then I have a bit of a problem my hard drive in my xbox has gone up the spout to a point that it wont even spin up just before it totally died I managed to get Partitions 2 to 4 downloaded on to my pc harddrive using xbox360. I have also brought a new harddrive for the xbox but now im stuck what the best way of sorting it out as i miss it like crazy also I would like to be able to softmod it to hope someone can take the time to help me out.

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

id be more than happy to help. first things first. did you happen to have your eeprom.bin?? cause you will need that build your new hd through softmod. another route you could take is, get the box hardmodded then you don't have to worry about the eeprom, or getting the action replay and splinter cell.

3. vvcdoctor

vvcdoctor Member

Ok well I think im gonna hard mod my x-box due to the extra features and the fact I dont have the eprom bin cause the hard drive packed up just after I download the partitons so im not able to access my x-box now using ftp cause it wont load Evox. Could you tell me what you think is the best hardmod chip and where I can get it from im in the UK.

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if you can purchase on the net, try to buy from modchip.com, or i am sure if you search somewhere else on the net i am sure you will find one. i prefer the duo x2. it has a bios to support 137gb+ so it is everything, and its cheap.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  5. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

You can try putting your hd in the freezer for a bit and you could get a few minutes of action out of it. It has worked for me.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

does that actually work??

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

I've had good experience with modchipstore.com as well; they're very fast, usually under 48 hours before I get my product.

9. vvcdoctor

vvcdoctor Member

All sorted now got my mod chip though and it has had a new life pumped into it good call everyone thanks for the help. By the way the hard drive was totally gone I mean dead deader than a dead thing in a dead competion thats won. :) Installed 400GB now and we are back in buisness.

10. handsom

handsom Regular member

Great to hear another fellow gamer back in business!

Oh, and uh... Believe me, when you really start getting into hefty usage, you'll go through that 400gb like no one's business, lol.

I've filled two 250gb systems with miscellaneous junk without giving second thought.