1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Dots

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Bpeerso, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Bpeerso

Bpeerso Member

Hey everyone, just had a quick question for some of you...I bought a 42" Philips plasma tv in december, and I just recently started seeing blue dots in the left corner of my TV..I had a repair man come and look at it since I bought the extended warranty and he said the panel is blown out and that I might just have to get a replacement. Now does anyone know what causes this? My roomate currently watches this TV for literally 15+ hours a day while I'm at work, since he has no job, etc. Is that the cause? Because if it is I'm going to move it into my room...I may go blind but atleast my tv wont be ruined...any thoughts?

2. bcyde

bcyde Member

I own a samsung 42 inch plasma and I'm having the same problem. The blue dots come and go, but when they show up it's so annoying! Did you have to get a replacement? I'm having a repair man come out today. I paid 1800 for this tv and only had it for about four months. Such a bummer...

3. Bpeerso

Bpeerso Member

Yeah, i've had 2 repairmen come out already, and hes going to talk to Philips and see what to do. The part to replace it costs more than my TV is worth, really annoying. This whole process has taken over a month already