1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLUE SCREEN DRIVER PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by 99masond, May 27, 2007.

1. 99masond

99masond Member

So I installed Alcohol 120% on vista it did give me a messages saying that it did not recognize the driver or something but I did it anyway bad mistake now when my computer come on it only give me like 20 secs before a blue screen comes on and it crashes it lets me on to my desktop but not enough time to do anything when I get there and that is in safe mode I think I might need to do a reformat but really don’t want to any other ideas on how to fix it

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Sounds like you have installed an older version thats not compatible with vista. You should be able to boot from the vista cd and choose repair at the bottom. Go into command prompt and locate a347bus.sys It should be in c:\windows\system32\drivers. Rename that file to a347bus.sys.bad or whatever you want. You should then be able to boot into windows as normal. It will likely give you a couple errors on boot about needing to reinstall some software, just ignore them. Then uninstall Alcohol 120% and reboot. Should be good to go then. If you want to run Alcohol 120% you will need to get the newer virsion. 1.9.6.4719 seems to work fine in vista.

3. 99masond

99masond Member

Thanx it worked lifesaver