1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Screen / Hard Drive Errors

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mchiefs40, Nov 8, 2007.

1. mchiefs40

mchiefs40 Member

I've been getting a lot of blue screens lately. I have had the "kernel stack inpage error (0x0000007A)" variety and the "0x000000F4 (not kernel stack...)" variety. Rarely i get an error regarding a specific file such as csrss.exe. I have already gone to microsoft.com and tried all of their resolutions and none of them worked. I bought a new hard drive and new ram and I still get the errors. I've noticed sometimes when I start up the computer it will beep and the computer doesnt recognize the hard drive correctly. In the bios it will have a bunch of jumbled characters instead of the correct name. I am assuming this has something to do with the connection to the hard drive. I have looked all over the internet for a replacement hard drive cable for my laptop and all I get is something about linking a hard drive up to a desktop (which I don't want to do). Is there any way to fix this replace the connection. My laptop is out of warranty (of course the problems start 2 weeks after the one year warranty ends) and their support just tells me to ship the computer across the country and make me pay for it with no guarantees.

If I am forced to use a hard drive enclosure / external hard drive will I notice a big speed difference? I don't do any type of major gaming, just a lot of common programs and internet.

2. mchiefs40

mchiefs40 Member

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

It sounds like you got a motherboard problem. I had a similar problem where I was getting blue screens and windows would not load up. I thought it was a bad hard drive and replaced it but that didn't fix it. When I tried loading windows on the new drive, I was getting "no hard drive found" messages then I got "input/output errors messages". I finally replaced the motherboard and that fixed it. Even though I had a desktop computer, I'm sure a laptop would show the similar symptoms. But the motherboard would be in the worst case scenario maybe someone else has a different view on the problem.