1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold] Burned Xbox Apps and Files Will Not Run ? [/bold]

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Lowride66, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Lowride66

Lowride66 Guest

Hey guys, back again.

My Box has been running great with Slayers 2.1 since last Sept.
    Now it's time for a change (any thoughts?). I will be adding a new piggyback hard drive 120gb to my 80 gb (when it gets here !).I want a new approach this time, thought about setting up with Slayers and using XBMC as my Dash.I have XBMC running on a cdrw but it won't copy to my hard drive, due to errors in some files on the disk....hmmm. Tried to copy it other ways but it won't work that way either. Same Deal. Maybe I have a bad copy. Actually I have 2 different copies and the other won't work at all....hmmm.
    I burned a bunch of apps, util's, pic's, mp3's, to a dvd about 3.5gigs worth, made with xiso, and burned with Nero. My Box reads it no problem but none of the programs will run from the disk or even after they have been copied to the hard drive. Some of the pictures will copy and some of the mp3s, but not all due to some errors.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I forgotten something since last fall. Hell I'm having trouble getting onto xbins now as I didn't last fall. I can't get the files I really want...ohwell..

I have recently had 3 vertebrae fused together and my wife says my minds slipping cuz of the pain and painkiller I'm on............what was I saying !.hmmm could be.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

xiso is pants!
    use craxtion or qwix
    regarding setting it up, I still use one of the oldest auto installers, xaviers, basically because I like the way it sets it all up, then I just update the apps for newer versions. I know a lot of people do the same with slayers too.

3. Lowride66

Lowride66 Guest

Hey Thanks,
    I'll give it a try. I was wondering about that, it seems I had read an article about just that a while back.

My drive got here today so my box'll be down awhile.

I have gotten newer files to update the ones in my slayers, as boogie mentioned but I will be using XBMC as my new dashboards ( sorry evo-x you've been a good friend but......)