1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bourne Supremacy and DVD+R DL

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by splff3000, Jan 27, 2005.

1. splff3000

splff3000 Member

This may seem like a stupid question, but I have to ask. First off, this is my 1st post, but I've been reading the forum for a long time. Anyway, I have a verbatim DVD+R DL disc and I want to back up the Bourne Supremacy. I was going to decrypt with dvd decrypter in ISO mode and then write to disc in ISO mode. The only thing I'm worried about is the little boy in the green shorts messing up the copy. I could never get Bourne Supremacy burned to DVD-5 with shrink because of him. In fact, that's why I bought this DVD-9 disc. I don't want the little boy messing up my dvd-9 disc so, is there anything else that I need to do to make sure my copy comes out O.K.?

BTW- this will be my first time burning with dvd decrypter or burning to a dvd-9 disc. Any kind of helpful info is appreciated.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The only way to be really be sure is to Rip the movie in file mode with Decrypter (make sure all files are highlighted) to your HD. Then play them threw your DVD playing software to see if everything is working fine. If it is then just burn those files using Nero or if you don't have Nero you could open them up in Shrink and do a Backup that way (making sure your set up for DVD9 in Shrink)

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Shrink is a ripper and encoder, you will still need a burner app of some kind when using it. Shrink supports DVD Decrypter, Nero Burning ROM, and CopyToDVD as the burners it will use automatically. With an ISO image or Video_TS file prepped to the HD using Shrink, one can use most any good burning app to burn the file to disc. One could use AnyDVD (latest version) in conjunction with Shrink and have that set to burn with Nero and that would do the job. Shrink is capable of being set to burn DL. By the way, the burner is DL capable isn't it? No mention of the model was made.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

If you don't mind spending some bucks for a good app, you need to check out InterVideo's DVDCopy3. http://www.intervideo.com I like using hard drive files, so I rip with DVD Decrypter. Since I have AnyDVD, it's always running in the background. The DVDCopy3 will work with just AnyDVD as the ripper and of course, DVD Decrypter works without AnyDVD. AnyDVD is from slysoft. http://www.slysoft.com
    The DVD Decrypter website is http://www.dvddecrypter.com . The Decrypter is free and the other programs have good trials, so no reason not to give them a good try out.

5. splff3000

splff3000 Member

The burner is an I/O magic 16x. It says dual format/ dual layer on the box so I assume it does burn double layer. BTW I have Nero OEM suite. I have already decrypted the movie once in file mode with dvd decrypter. I was going to go back and do it again in ISO mode so that I can write it with decrypter, but if I can just import the files into Nero and burn it using Nero that's even better. One thing though, when I used shrink it always encoded the files before it burned. Will Nero do that also? I ask, because I can't use shrink to encode because it won't get passes the little boy in the green shorts. I've tried all the tricks and techniques in this forum to no avail. Anyway, thanks for the help so far.

On a different note, what does ISO and IFO stand for anyway?

6. brobear

brobear Guest

What version of DVD Decrypter are you using? BTW, Shrink will encode files ripped in file mode and convert to ISO to burn with Decrypter or Nero, just one of the several options you have with Shrink. I'd just leave it in file mode and burn with Nero with the default settings. I suspect you're using old programs as I ripped and burned both the Bourne movies without a problem. You should be using DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0. Anytime you run DVD Shrink, it's a good idea to run AnyDVD (a driver decryption tool). http://www.slysoft.com It has 3 week trial.

7. splff3000

splff3000 Member

I have the newest version of dvd decrypter. I just tried playing the movie files in my dvd player and sure enough I saw that little boy running around. I'm gonna try using anydvd with shrink like you suggested and see what happens.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

AnyDVD works good with Shrink. I ran it to see if it would work with the movie Little Black Book. I left AnyDVD on and ripped with DVD Decrypter and then opened the ripped files with AnyDVD still running in the background.

With Bourne, I don't remember seeing the running boy; if I did, it didn't affect anything. I have the feeling it got filtered out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  9. brobear

brobear Guest

If you keep having problems with Shrink use DVDCopy3 from InterVideo. They have a good full function trial. http://www.intervideo.com Just rip the way I mentioned earlier. AnyDVD (3 week trial) can be found at http://www.slysoft.com .

10. splff3000

splff3000 Member

Thanks fellas. I really appreciate the help. I'm gonna try a bunch of combinations of ripping with shrink or dvd decrypter and then burning with shrink or dvd decrypter. Hoefully I'll et this to burn one day. If all else fails I'll try the dvdcopy 3. As for now though, I gotta call it a night. Thanks again for all the help. I'll update first thing in the morning.

11. splff3000

splff3000 Member

I don't think that Anydvd is working. I have installed it and I have it running in the background, but I still have the same problem as before. I've looked and I have "enable Anydvd" checked, so I don't know what's going on. I just want to back this disc up. I've spent countless hours trying this and trying that and nothing seems to work. So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna say exactly what I have and then have someone give me step by step instructions. Please list settings also with these instructions. I want to back up the Bourne Supremacy on a verbatim DVD-9 disc. I'm burning with I/O magic 16x DVD burner. I currently have DVD Decrypter, Anydvd, Nero OEM suite, and shrink software on my CPU. For some reason setting the boy in green shorts to still image isn't working for me in shrink. If someone could give me a nice walkthrough, I would greatly appreciate it. I figured it would be easier to back up since I have a dvd-9 disc but it doesn't seem like it's easier.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well you may not like this, but the easiest way to do this is to rip only themain movie files in decrypter and then run them threw Shrink in reauthor mode. This way has always worked on any DVD I have backed up. People are running into problems when doing the whole DVD, but some people like all that extra stuff. Me I have no need for it and I get a much better quality DVD without it because I am not compressing the movie most of the time which equals perfect video/audio quality. The only draw back to doing it that way is I never got to see the boy running :)

13. splff3000

splff3000 Member

Do you still have the menus when you do it like that? Better yet, I only need the main menu and the scene selection option. If you have those, please tell me how to do that.

14. brobear

brobear Guest

splff3000
    If the red fox icon is in the toolbar, then AnyDVD is functioning. It runs in the background, so you don't see it doing anything. Currently, it's the best of its type.

Sounds like some people aren't using the right software if they have to edit everything to improve the picture. DVDCopy3 outperforms DVD Shrink all around. Shrink is free; but I figured if I could afford a PC, assorted accessories, media, and movies, the least I could do is spring for some good software to go with it.

For most tasks I use DVDCopy3, it's both fast and high quality and works good under high compression. If the movie is really high compression (movie alone over 7GB), I'll go with RB/CCE. DVDCopy3 is also set up to use the dual layer media as well as the DVD5.

BTW, with Shrink, the way to get movie only with a functional menu is to edit in full disc backup. Re-author causes the menu to not work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2005
  15. uzmeplz

uzmeplz Guest

brobear!
    Just wanted to say thanks.I download DVDCopy3.Your wright it blows dvdshrink out of the water.Both fast and high quality.It was worth the money!Thanks for all the help picking out my new software.Im now one happy ripper =).It ripped threw bourne supremacy like a champ!

shane

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2005
  16. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome, glad you like it. I only suggest people give it a try; with the trial one can decide if they like the app or not before making the purchase. After all, the price isn't extreme, but it can cut into a guy's beer allowance for a fews days or so. (Near beer allowance for the non-drinkers.)