1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand: SKC Co.

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by fallen_br, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallen_br

fallen_br Member

These are South Korea-made discs that are quite different from any other media I've ever tried visually speaking.
    They've got weird "circles" stamped in the polycarbonate, and those doesn't seem to affect performance either positively or negatively, but they do look cool.
    Their performance is mostly flawless, but I've noticed that the 80min. ones don't like to be overburned and exhibit errors after 81 minutes.
    I've tested two versions of these discs:

ATIP: 97m 26s 24f
    Disc Manufacturer: SKC Co., Ltd.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 658.74MB (74m 59s 00f / LBA: 337275)

This one is cyanine, marked on their site as "For general use", and seem to work just as well as the other ones up to now, but oddly they're not any cheaper. Work finely at 16x. They're rated 24x according to the website but simply say "Multi-speed" in the box.
    And...

ATIP: 97m 26s 28f
    Disc Manufacturer: SKC Co., Ltd.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

These are the Gold (which are really silver) and Diamond (colorless) ones, they both have the same ATIP. Work just as good as the cyanine ones, and are listed on the website as being superior products. They sell for the same price as the Cyanine 74 ones around here, and as such are preferred.

Great quality discs in all, should last long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.