1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brightness adjustment for MPC

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by xentrex, Apr 17, 2005.

1. xentrex

xentrex Member

is there a plugin? i've been using TCMP for a few years now and BSPlayer before that. but MPC is awesome, mainly because the volume doesn't get hella loud when videos with ac3 are rewinded/fast forwarded. which reminds me, i've got a pc permanently hooked up to the television to serve as a digital media center. i've hooked up the audio out into the audio in of our dvd player. i know im digressing from the main subject but i just have to know and searching the forums is a bit laggy atm. anyway, the SL and SR speakers don't put out much sound, the L C and R are fine though. also i have the same problem with ac3 movies as i do with TCMP (the loudness). how should i configure the codec to fix these problems? heh, oh ya, don't forget about the main topic either. thanks.

2. xentrex

xentrex Member

and i thought i could find ANSWERS here...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well finding answers sometimes involves looking.

If you set ffdshow to accept raw video then you can use it to adjust the brightness on everything that you play in mpc. Some decoders like MPC's mpeg decoder and XviD have their own brightness controls. Also I guess it should be possible via the shader.

4. xentrex

xentrex Member

keeram too dahanet