1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buffer underflow

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dmbrown99, Apr 8, 2003.

1. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

hi, i'm currently trying to multiplex a divx video source and an mp2 audio source (originally ac3). the problem is after it has multiplexed i get a message saying '1 s packets cause buffer underflow'. is this why the audio falls out of sync with the video about half way through? please help.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well yes that probably would be the problem. What are you using to multiplex?? tmpgenc??

3. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

yeah im using tmpgenc. it falls 1 sec out of sync at the same place everytime. then later on in the film there is a few bad frames and then the sound falls about 5 secs out of sync. i've tried to fix the bad frames but it doesn't work.

4. Dela

One thing I dont understand is you said you are trying to multiplex a divx video source with an mp2 source, is that correct??

5. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

yeah thats correct, the divx video came with ac3 audio which tmpgenc rejected so i then changed the ac3 source to mp2, i thought i could now multiplex the video and audio together and considering the avi original file played perfectly i cant understand how it won't go in sync! frustrating is an understatement. p.s im hoping to get this film on VCD.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2003
  6. Dela

I didnt even know you could use TMPGEnc to multiplex a divx with mp2 audio :S, or am i picking you up wrong?? lol