1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUPs, IFOs, VOBs... help

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by wdbanks, Mar 16, 2007.

1. wdbanks

wdbanks Guest

I'm totally new at torrents, etc. And all this other stuff. I've just downloaded a season of tv episodes in a group of 6 disks - each of the folders (a folder per disk)contains lots of BUP, IFO, VOB files and a text file. I presume there are several episodes on one disk. How do I view these on my computer?

2. onya

onya Guest

If for instance you're using Powerdvd, just point (navigate) it to the folder containing the vobs etc.

[​IMG]

3. wdbanks

wdbanks Guest

Thanks Onya, but Power DVD is another unknown. Is this what I need to view the shows, or is this one of many possibles?

4. onya

onya Guest

Just use your default player instead to navigate to the folder containing those files.

5. attar

attar Senior member

There are many ways of viewing D/L files but the best way is to burn the files to a DVD and watch them on the TV box.
    If you want to save on disks, buy a some DVD/+-RW disks and re-use them.
    That's what I do.
    If you just wish to covert the VOB files to MPEG try VOB2MPEG
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=VOB2MPG
    After it has done it's work, click on the largest file.It's usually the main feature.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  6. wdbanks

wdbanks Guest

I'll try all suggestions (I saw your other reply, Attar). I guess I'm concerned about how all the episodes arrange themselves in the folder. The folders, BTW, are not labelled TS_video / ...audio which I've worked with before. I guess I'm really out of my depth here. Thanks to you both for ideas.