1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buring mpeg file to a cd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nazkmr, Mar 15, 2003.

1. nazkmr

nazkmr Guest

Hi everyone, First time here so please bare with me.I managed to convert and burn a 5 min dvd on to a cd and it played on my home dvd. I also managed to convert a 1hr 30min film into a mpeg file but due to its size I had to cut the film into two. The two new cut files weren't mpeg therefore it didn't play on my home dvd. How do I cut the film and retain the mpeg file format. The converted 1hr 30 file had a file icon of circle with a play sign in the circle, the new two cut file's icon had a square. Please help!

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

3. nazkmr

nazkmr Guest

hi, thank you for your advice and the links. I did download the chopping the file splitting software and it did do the job, the two files were in mpeg format with the circle and a play triangle in the middle. I am still having problems with one of the files. When I open my cd writer software ( i rec'd this with my sony cd-writer)I choose the 'vcd option' and I can see all 3 files (the main 1 hr 30min and two smaller half files) From the two files I can drag the first file into the copying area and managed to copy the first half of the film on to a cd, but the system won't let me drag the second file down. Any Idea? If I do download the software for buring cd, does this mean I will lose my link of the burning softwate or will both work together? Many thanks