1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned DVD won't play

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kenr, Feb 27, 2005.

1. kenr

kenr Member

I burn DVD+R and DVD+RW on a phillips 685 set top box.
    It has InterVideo as an imbeded player. What I burn on the Phillips plays back fine on Phillips. When I go to my computers DVD player the story changes. I have installed on 2 different computers, REAL Player 10, Windows Media Player9, QuickTime, PowerDVD, and CyberlinkPowerDVD. The PowerDVD seems to be the most consistant player to work, with Windows9, chimming in occasionally, but not consistantly. I get "format not supported" They will play on my Home DVD player, but are real inconsistant with all these other players. Can it be my DVD drive? what can this be?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Different media players may integrate differently with the video and audio codecs. You are right to have observed that PowerDVD appears to be the most stable among those listed because a lot of people write the codecs with compatibility with PowerDVD in mind. There are even better media players (in terms of compatibility) around too (e.g. Media Player Classic).