1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD's won't read!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SiaG7, Aug 16, 2004.

1. SiaG7

SiaG7 Guest

Hey guys. Hope I'm not violating any rules. I did search through the guides and forums, and nothing seems to be relevant.
    Anyway, I built my system about 2 weeks ago and it's my first DVD burner sop I am n00b to all this.
    Spec: AMD A64 3400+, 1GB Corsair XMS RAM, 16x MSI D16 DVD-ROM (Reader only), 8x MSI DR8-A2 +/- R/RW.
    My DVD-ROM can only read -R/-RW (and RAM). But when I write -R Media it won't read in the drive. Only the burner will read them.
    Thje drive does read CD's and DVD movies just fine (originals!) but not the ones that I burn myself.
    I have tried 2 different brands of media (infinity and Xerox)... discs work perfect in my burner... so I don't think that's the problem.
    I'm using Nero6 Ultra Edition for burning.
    Does anyone know what's going on?
    Thanx a lot in advance.
    Sia.G

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What other programs are you using with Nero? Also never heard of infinity or Xerox ... branded Verbatim and Ritek G04's are recommended discs on this site.

3. SiaG7

SiaG7 Guest

Well I only use Nero...
    could this really be a disc problem??
    As I said, the discs I burn work perfectly in my burner...
    Maybe I should try riteks.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I had the same problem with my MSI ROM. My solution was to pull it and put in a JLMS (LiteOn) It seems to play everything I put in it. With these ROMs costing $30-40 U.S., it won't break the bank to have an extra. I'd still try the Riteks.

5. SiaG7

SiaG7 Guest

*sigh* but I love this drive... it's realllllyy good. Cept for this, it's outperforming every other drive I tried. I mewan the Far Cry DVD doesnt even whine in this.
    I guess Ima try the riteks... but please, if anyone know what could be wrong tell me.

6. SiaG7

SiaG7 Guest

Ohh btw I should let you guys know that the discs I burned won';t work on my sister's laptop or my stepdad's PC either... maybe I'm burning them wrong?