1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned successfully but won't work

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by neodown, Sep 18, 2004.

1. neodown

neodown Member

I have a toshiba 4x dvd +/- dvd burner
    i used BENQ DVD+R
    i used NERO/DVD Decrypter(both)
    i used DVD Shrink to shrink the movie to 4GB
    the successful message appeared but when you insert the burned dvd, the dvd-rom can't read it....
    i tried it on two computers and i burned three of them.....all of them won't work
    i'm a newb on these things....can somebody help me?

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

How old is your dvd rom.?
    Will it read dvd+r discs?

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What software are you using to play back with?

4. neodown

neodown Member

just bought it two weeks ago...
    yes it can read dvd+r media...
    i am using windvd to play it

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Have you tried a different media. DVD's that won't play in a standalone will play using a PC. Perhaps it's how you're using Nero to burn that's the problem. I'm assumionmg that you have Nero 6.0 ultra. Open Nero and choose from the list Nero burning rom, choose DVD-video, then new. At the top you see a little read folder labeled Video_TS. Now go to the folder where you ripped you DVD and drag and drop the Video_TS into the Nero Video_TS and burn.

6. neodown

neodown Member

i'm using the latest version of dvd shrink....the output is already an image file.... why can't i just burn the image using nero?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What i gave you was the method required by Nero to burn a compliant DVD. YOU drag your Video_TS folder into the red Video_TS folder on Nero. I think that you might be burning your DVDs wrong now follw these isntructions.

I'm assumionmg that you have Nero 6.0 ultra. [bold]Open Nero and choose from the list Nero burning rom, choose DVD-video, then new. At the top you see a little red folder labeled Video_TS. Now go to the folder where you ripped you DVD and drag and drop the Video_TS into the Nero Video_TS and burn.[/bold]

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."[/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  8. neodown

neodown Member

hey sorry to bother you a lot, im really new at this. im burning it right now using the method you taught me. just a last question, i also tried burning using DVD decrypter so basically i just linked my DVD shrink to automatically burn using decrypter. it burned properly and all but the DVD was unusable can you tell me why? or what is the right way?

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If the file is an ISO file then Decrypter should be able to burn it. I think that once you complete your burn with Nero you'll have success. Sorry if I sounded a little curt, I didn't mean anything by it.