1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned Xbox games play on mine but no one else's!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Snoopy3, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Snoopy3

Snoopy3 Member

I know how to load xbox games on my pc and then I turn them into an ISO file to burn them. I used craxtion and xiso to make the ISO. I used DVD Decrypter and DVDCLONE to make the ISO into a burned DVD+R. They play fine on my XBOX and would upload on my HDD, but on my roommmates they won't (they have the same mod and same software, evox). The only difference I can think of is that my xbox is one of the orginals and has a different dvd player in it. They have the newer model. I tried uploading with different xboxs to see if it encodes but the outcome is the same. Can anyone help me please?

2. iggi

iggi Member

3. Scot

Scot Regular member

Just try a few different media's till you find one that works on your mates xbox. Verbatim dvd's have worked on nearly every xbox I have tried. You should look for a dvd with a nice dark purple dye.

Remember, if the game worked in your xbox and not in your mates then it is definately a media issue.

4. dolemite

dolemite Regular member

does your mate have a larger hd...if not.. just get a larger hd and it will save you lots of headache.

5. Snoopy3

Snoopy3 Member

Thanks everybody. I will look into different types of media. I have just been a big fan of Fujifilm DVD+R.

6. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

did you finalise the disk when you burned it? have you put the files in the order they are on the cd? make sure you havnt missed out any files aswell

7. Snoopy3

Snoopy3 Member

Yeah I finalized the DVD+R. Again, it plays fine in my xbox, but it won't play in my roommmates. I am trying different media tonight. Thanks all.