1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning 3 Hrs of Mpeg to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nlpguy, May 14, 2003.

1. nlpguy

nlpguy Member

Hello, I have 2 questions.
    My ultimate goal is to take 3 hours of training video I have (from VHS) and convert to a single DVD.
    If I can get to the point where I can use DVD2ONE, then I'm OK, but I can't get to that point.
    I have digitized the video and I don't care about the quality (they're just training seminar videos). So now I have 4 separate MPEGs (each about 45 minutes or so).
    I have tried to create DVD compatible files (.VOB ..etc) for NERO using ULEAD and have run into 3 problems.

1) ULEAD takes almost 24 hours to run ?!?!??! This seems crazy. I have a 2GHz Dell w/512 MB RAM.
    2) ULEAD seem to be creating another (rendered) MPEG, which is DVD compatible, which is OK, but it's not creating what NERO wants (The VOB ...etc files)
    3) When ULEAD actually does finish, it deletes any new files that it created ?!?!

So, basically, I'm back where I started.

I have turned off the "Burn to DVD" check box on ULEAD since I want to compress to a single DVD.

So, how do I get a Nero-Compatible set of files using ULEAD or should I get another software package ?

I even stepped back and tried doing only 2 of the 4 MPEGs (about 1.5 hours), but still got the same results with ULEAD.

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

You need DVD authoring software to convert mpeg to VideoTS files and I would try something other than Ulead. Go to the Sonic website - they offer the best for what you want. You should even be able to find a program that lets you download from video directly to DVD.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I've found Sonic Foundry's DVD Architect handy for the conversion mentioned.

4. nlpguy

nlpguy Member

Thanks for your responses. I have found the problem (not the solution). I tried DVDit by Sonic and got the following error:

"Video Picture Size Larger Than Buffer"

Here is the Sonic website description of the error.

Description
    DVD Error

Symptom
    Video Picture Size Larger Than Buffer error when attempting to build a project in DVDit or MyDVD

Solution
    At least one MPEG file in your project has at least one peak that exceeds the buffer model defined in the DVD specification, making the file illegal for DVD. Try to create another file to see if it's a problem with your encoder or it's settings. If you continue to have problems please contact the encoder manufacturer

Is this a problem with my usage of my ADS Capture Device ? I wil check for other threads about using ADS