1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning A Compilation DVD from Existing Footage ??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Snake4968, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Snake4968

Snake4968 Member

Hi,
    Another newbie here...all advice greatfully received.
    I will confess now that i don't have a clue about DVD backup. Spent plenty of time in the past doing dodgy Playstation games and audio so i'm no stranger to PC's and backups...now i want to do something legitimate i can't get anywhere :-(

My dilemma is that i have just come back from a holiday where i did various things like bungy jumps, skydiving etc.
    I have about 5 DVD's containing the video footage of all the jumps, each only about 3-10 minutes long and i want to back them all up on to one DVD...firstly for convenience of viewing and secondly so i don't lose the footage in the future.

I have tried uploading all the video TS files to the HD and burning them onto a DVD using Nero 6 (DVD Video option). This is fine for any 1 lot of footage but whenever i go to add another set, Nero won't let me add them, some of the file names seem duplicated, i.e. i already have VOB, IFO etc (excuse the lack of info here only i can't remember the full extensions). I think it returns a message saying "already present".

Is there a way of renaming the files that go into the Video TS folder on Nero as it didn't seem to like me doing it, tried draging the relevant folders in their entirity but had the same result.
    I also tried just compiling all the folders as a Data Disc but it returned with a message saying that the DVD would not run on a stand alone player.

I guess i don't have a clue what i'm doing so could somebody please tell me where/how to start.
    I have found plenty of guides online about copying films etc but i'm not interested in that...i just want to make a legitimate compilation and this doesn't seem to be catered for...either that or i'm looking in the wrong places.
    Do i need any other authoring programs etc or am i just overlooking something simple ?
    If all else fails i'll pay somebody to do it for me, but i'd love to have a go myself :)
    Please advise,
    Many thanks,
    Dave

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

The way I do it:

1) Burn all the dvds to HD, each under different folder (e.g. Video 1, Video 2). This can be done by choosing 'Copy entire DVD video' at Nero StartSmart.

2) At Nero StartSmart, choose 'copy multiple dvd movies to one', import all the movies by highlighting the folders, then burn to DVD.