1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a downloaded xbox game. Steps shown with pictures, can some1 JUST tell me if im doing anything wrong b4 i burn cuz i've wasted 3 dvd+r's a...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hwd4life, Feb 9, 2005.

1. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

This is my downloaded game
    [​IMG]

So i used Qwix and selected this folder to create an ISO
    [​IMG]

then i burn it as an image using nero and lowest speed
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

The pictures are not found, so I cannot see what you are actually doing. I assume the download is in some sort of .RAR format? If so, click the link in my sig.. should help you out.

3. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

sorry about that, there the pictures are fixed now.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

espn nba is too big to burn to a disc...might as well just put it on your hd.

5. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

^^? its not even 3 gigs

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i must be thinking of espn college hoops then...sorry

i know one of them is too big
    it might be 2004...anyways, sorry for the threadcrap

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
  7. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Dunno if you got it sorted out or not, but here goes.. (BTW, the link in my sig has all the info you need).

(1) Double click the first .rxx file (should be .r01) although it really does not matter what .rxx file it is, WinRAR will open. If you see a folder when WinRAR opens, double click that folder to get to the raw ISO file. When you get to the ISO, just single click it to highlight it and select "extract to" from the buttons on top. Choose a destination and click save. It will extract the ISO, then that ISO can be burned via DVD Decrypter, Nero, etc.

(2) Depending on what version of WinRAR you have and what options you have set, you can right click the first WinRAR file and choose "extract to" from the context menu, choose a destination to save and click "OK." When it's done, the ISO is ready to burn.

If you don't see the WinRAR menu when right clicking, just use step (1). They both yeild the same result.

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Things to try;

1-like the other guy said,double click the first .rar file and winrar should come up with either a folder with an ISO in it or the ISO file itself...select where you want to put it and extract it there.

2-once you do have the ISO extracted to your pc,use craxtion4 to patch it for good measure.....sometimes that's all it takes.

3-if you want a simple way,and want to put it to your hard drive....ftp the rar files to your xbox hard drive and then use Complex Tools. This app has a checksum verifier (for the sfv file) and the ability to unrar and extract the game to the hard drive.

4-the last three files are what I call propaganda from the dood that posted the download...trying to get you to goto his/her webpage.

9. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

okay thanx alot for ur help i really appreciate it

2ndly i wanted to ask does it matter if the dvd is a +r or -r becuz i tried it ona +r memorex and it did not work.

also if i can just extract the iso that easily, what about creating a Xiso file???
    is it necessary?

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the game you have is probably already in iso format...just use winrar and extract the iso, then burn it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  11. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

What you're doing is not extracting the .iso. You need to open one of those .rar files and then extract the .iso from it, and then burn it using Alcohol 120 or DVD Decrpyter.

12. BR7

BR7 Regular member

It will be an XISO when you extract it. I just refer to it that way so you wont go trying to open it with standard ISO tools, like ISO Buster, WinISO, etc.

You need XboX specific tools to read XISOs on your PC, like XISO Manager, Craxtion, Qwix, etc. if you want to extract the XISO contents and make some modifications (like patching for media checks, deleting unwanted/uneeded XboX Live files and/or other files).

If you extract the XISO, you will need one of the XboX specific tools (XISO Manager, Qwix, Craxtion, etc) to rebuild the ISO so your XboX will read/play it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  13. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

^okay so then i extract the iso from the rar file normally.
    now what do i do with qwix b4 i burn the game if i need it?

14. mdsup

mdsup Guest

once you extract the iso from the .rar files, you don't need to use qwix...just burn it

15. BR7

BR7 Regular member

You can extract the ISO to files/folders then you can patch the default.xbe if you need to. It's always a good idea to patch anyways, if you need to or not. Then you would have to rebuild to ISO form.

But like the other guy said, you can just burn after you unRAR.

16. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

okay thanx alot guys i think i have tried that b4.

wat went wrong i do not know
    last questions

MUST I finalize the dvd or does it matter?
    and if it did not work using a +R could it be that i need to use a dvd-r?

17. BR7

BR7 Regular member

If using Nero, yes. If you use DVD Decrypter, I think it's automatic, does it for you. Plus, IMO it's easier to use than Nero

-R's are more compatable with anyone of the 4 XboX drives and will probably give you better results. Find one that works with your XboX and stick with it.

18. hwd4life

hwd4life Member

^^^okay thanx alot for your help
    i think my problem was the DVD+Rs all along

appreciate the help guys

19. SOAPboy

SOAPboy Member

ESPN 2k5 was around 5 gigs (unripped full dvd)

in fact, if i remember right, all the ESPN titles this year were huge..

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  20. Paul_sega

Paul_sega Member

Just to let you know i have a 1.4 xbox with a xecuter 2.6 chip and it fusking hates +r dvds i have some premium verbatim +r discs that work flawlesly for ps2 backups and some cheap shit ones both don't work, but -r discs on my xbox... It loves it even dirt cheap budget ones that would never work on my ps2? Fucked up i know but live n learn! Oh yeah Outrun 2 xbox kicks ass!