1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning CD/VCD by a Matshita CD-RW CW-7586 8X/4X

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Anson, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Anson

Anson Member

I have this OEM Matshita CD-RW installed into my PC without coming with the software. And my friend gave me a copy of Adaptec 4.0 came with his HP CD-RW.
    So far, all I get are imcompletely burned CDs. I never have one completed CD burned with this CD-RW. Not sure is the hardware or software or both problem ?
    I just want one easy step, copy a complete CD or VCD from my D:drive (CD-rom) to my E: drive(CD-RW). It always came up with an error message when it is writing to 99%.
    I am so frustrated that I can't use my CD-RW at all since I bought it. I would appreciate any help !!!
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

if you have room on your hard drive create an image file first then burn to a cd. your problem maybe a dirty source cd...that often happens when you copy on the fly....

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You bought a cd writer without any software???? I think you need some drivers.

http://www.driverguide.com

User = drivers pass = all (its no secret!)

4. Anson

Anson Member

I think I have the driver, but not the software for copying CD, like Adaptec or Nero.

Should I try on my rewritable disc first ? I don't want to keep wasting on CD. Every time it fails copying, it ruins one of my blank CD.

5. Dela

Oh definetly use a rewritable!! Also I would recommend you get nero!

6. Dela

Oh definetly use a rewritable!! Also I would recommend you get nero!

7. dark101

dark101 Guest

To began this sounds like a bug that i've had before in v4.0. Your solution is simple upgrade to 4.1, but u might as well get the best u can get right? Also version 4.0 pretty much sucks. You might consider dling easy cd creator 5.0 platinium using kazaa, morpheous, or mirc.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2002