1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Data DVD's aspect 16:9 with Nero 8

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jamesg91, Nov 10, 2007.

1. jamesg91

jamesg91 Member

Ok so i want to burn some bleach episodes onto a data dvd to watch on my dvd player. I tried this normally but i couldn’t see the subs so i need to change it to 16:9. When i went to do another data dvd burn i couldn’t change that setting.

Is it possible to do so? if so how?
    I can burn as a video-dvd but it takes around 5 hours to burn that way so any help would be much appreciated.

2. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

What's the file format of the bleach episodes? Have you tried converting them to 16:9 in sw (VSO DivX to DVD being one choice? Don't let Nero do the conversion to 16:9. If you are converting anime files (usually .mkv format), you'll need sw that includes the subtitles as hard subs for the DVD. Hard subs are burned onto the image. Soft subs are external files that are referenced by software like VLC or Media Player to show you the subtitles. I don't use Nero to burn DVDs. i don't know if Nero supports soft subtitles.

3. jamesg91

jamesg91 Member

The bleach episodes are .avi
    They already have the subs build into them, i downloaded them subbed.

The subs are a bit cut off when they are in full screen on the television for this reason i need to convert.

Ill try downloading that program then converting and burning as a data disk already converted.

Main thing im trying to do is fit more then 9 episodes on to a dvd as i can fit around 20 when burnt as a data dvd.