1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD and CD-R on same computer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by plummpj, Jan 11, 2005.

1. plummpj

plummpj Guest

I have Nero InCD, a Sony DVD drive burner, and a HP CD drive burner on my win2k system. InCD does not support burning CD-R's. I need to occasionally burn CD-R disks for use by computers with standard CD readers. How can I burn CD-R / UDF disks on this computer?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try Nero.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Many programs can do those. I normally use Nero.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  4. plummpj

plummpj Guest

I am using Nero, it doesn't write CD-R disks. Many programs do write CD-R disks, but may not co-exist with Nero. I tried installing Roxio DirectCD, but it apparently cannot co-exist with Nero. I need to find a solution that will co-exist with Nero. I need Nero because it is the only software that supports my Sony DVD dual layer drive.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

if you have nero installed you should bebale to choose what format of blank media you want to burn. There is a DVD tab and a CD-r Tab you have to click on that particuler tab to access each diffrent type of media.

6. plummpj

plummpj Guest

My version of Nero InCd, which was distributed with my Sony drive specifically excludes CD-R and DVD-R data disks. At the present time, I believe, this is the only software that supports my dual layer Sony DVD drive using InCd. I would like to find software that will write CD-R data disks (UDF) and will support either my HP or Sony drive and co-exist with the Nero InCd software.

7. bluto1940

bluto1940 Guest

What model numbers are you dvd & cd burners.? I don't know about incd by Nero but Nero burning rom v 6.6.0.5 can burn CD-R.

8. plummpj

plummpj Guest

The Sony is DRU-700A and the HP is a model 9300.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I didnt think they just packaged InCD with the CD writer I could be worng. Uasly you get Nero with it as well as InCd with it. If your DVD burrner is suported by Nero then you can burn CD's with your DVD Burrner. I understand what your saying is that Nero or InCD dosent work with your HP CD drive burnner but suports your Sony DVD Burnner right?

I have had nero work with a burnner I bought and nero came with it, but it wouldnt siport a diffrent make of burnner only worked for that particuler brand.

10. plummpj

plummpj Guest

The Nero InCD only works with the Sony drive and doesn't support CD-R disks. I'd be happy to use the HP drive for burning the CD-R disks, but I need to find software that will co-exist with Nero. Originally I had Roxio DirectCD for the HP which worked fine, but when I added the Sony drive, I had to delete the DirectCD software.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

So Nero Express didnt come with your Sony DVD drive. You only got InCD with it? nero burnning rom isnt in your Start/AllPrograms/AheadNero list?

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The links I have been to state in the specs that you get the OEM version of Nero 6.x.x.x with this burnner. Which means it will probaly only work with Sony brand of DVD burnners since it is the OEM version. But It will suport burrning CD-Rs It says it does. You need to open up Nero Start Smart There will be a pull down menu that lets you go from Burnning DVDs to Burnning CD's.

13. plummpj

plummpj Guest

I got the whole Nero package, but I'm only interested in InCD for UDF operation, which formats for Windows Explorer drag and drop operation. I know I can make a audio CD on a CD-R disk and such, but I need to make a data CD using InCd, close it, and make it read only for use with any computer with any kind of a CD drive. I need to make software installation CDs occasionally and ship to people who have plain vanilla CD read-only drives. InCd for my Sony drive does not support my HP drive. I tried installing the Roxio DirectCD for the HP drive but it caused system problems and neither drive would work, in fact my system was nearly frozen after installing the DirectCD.

14. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I have Nero 6.3 (retail version). It does all that you described, and a lot more, of course.