1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning for Germany

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bklyn1028, Nov 19, 2004.

1. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

My wife is going to germany for the holidays, and she wants me to back up some movies for her to take cuz tv there...isn't the best so to speak. can this be done?

2. doeboy66

doeboy66 Member

yes it can be done you could either use a double layer burner to burn the complete movie, which includes the extra features and all the sound languages(only down side is that just "1,one,uno,ichi" double layer DVD (8.7GB) is like 10 bucks or you can do the cheap wat and get a single layer DVD (4.7) 50pk spindal which is like 25 bucks and use something like DVD shrink to just burn the movie and that is all. no special features, no extras no dubbed sound just the movie.

3. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

i have dvd shrink, have burned movies....so your saying that burned copies here in the states will work in Europe?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes just make sure when your using shrink and you go to the final step after hitting back up click on DVD Region tab and make sure region free is checked this way you can play the DVD anywhere.. The only thing I'm no totally sure of is I know Germany runs on PAL and us NTSC. Does anyone else know if this makes a difference? I don't belive it does but just want to make sure...

Hmmmm Why did this double post??

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes just make sure when your using shring and you go to the final step after hitting back up click on DVD Region tab and make sure region free is checked this way you can play the DVD anywhere.. The only thing I'm no totally sure of is I know Germany runs on PAL and us NTSC. Does anyone else know if this makes a difference? I don't belive it does but just want to make sure...

6. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

thanx...big help