1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Hellboy, with only video_ts folder.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by teggy, Feb 8, 2005.

1. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well I am getting Hellboy... it has a video_ts folder with loads of files. Now I remember shrek 2, it has a video and audio_ts folder(it was a download to, not mine though).

So I guess I just put this video_ts folder onto a blank dvd-r with say roxio or something, and if htere is no audio ts folder does that mean there is no sound?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

you can simply create a new folder and name it audio_ts and leave it empty for your project. put both in together to be burned and you should be ok.

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

Thanks Zippyd, but I have another question. Only realised about it though. Do I need to make the folders into an image or is it ok to just use roxio or deepburner? What I mean is in roxio there is the cd creator where u just simply drag items into the window that u want to be burnt. Will that do?

Help is much appreciated.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I don't use either program but there should be a dvd project in your burn proggy that you can either browse for your folders or drag them in.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Ok I did what you said, I opened deepburner and selected cd/dvd then data cd/dvd with no multisession.

I burnt it in this order AUDIO_TS was first on the list in items to be burnt and VIDEO_TS was second. I didnt name the disc or anything but it doesnt work in windows media player(don't have a codec for it) and it doesn't work in DivX it says make sure this is a valid .avi or mpeg4 file. So I go ahead and try it in my player and it brings me to the browser as usual it shows title 1 - 19 which my DVD's always do so I assume that each title in the browser are the chapters. Anyways everything goes well but each title says that it has a duration of 0:00.

I try to play it and I get nothing, is it that I have burnt it wrong, I know there is a chance that it is a bad download but I just wanna be sure if I have done it right. The video_ts and the audio_ts that I created were inside a folder called Hellboy that the download created do I need to just burn that with the video and audio folders inside it?

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

you need to do a dvd video and not a data dvd.

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

I see, I guess that makes sense, lol.

Well Roxio easy cd/dvd creator 5 should have that option.

Thanks again zippyd.