1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING LARGE video FILES into a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Simonpar2, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Simonpar2

Simonpar2 Guest

Ok, my problem is, i would like to burn a video file that is aproxminently 1.5 gbs large in mpeg form. However, after converting the file into mpeg, i am lost on what to do, i have already tried using Roxio 6 and making a dvd, but it does not nearly fit on the space provided. the movie is about 1 hr 30 mins long and is only a bunch of clips joined together through easy video joiner. I would like to be able to convert this file into a Video_ts.info so that i could use a program to write it to a dvd through my dvd burner. Any suggestions, and any help on what programs to use would be deeply appreciated...

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry Simonpar2,

As long as you're using Roxio I don't have any suggestions for you. Roxio has shown itself to be extremely hostile to many other DVD ripping programs so to take a Roxio file to one - well I wouldn't know where to start.

If you wish to try to go another route -

a guide for Avi to DVD

Take the files you have and you'll have to run it through TMPGEnc to render it into an DVD compliant MPEG2 file then run it through TMPGEnc DVD Author to get your full VOB files (the VOBs you get from TMPGEnc aren't the correct format). Once you've done DVD Author, just burn to disc. If you're using Nero, use Nero Classic and select DVD Video -

An alternative is to use Nero's NeroVision and then burn to disc.

Cheers,

Ooohhh yea, forgot to add, forget Nero if you have Roxio on board at all, even in your registry :(
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Oooohhh no they wouldn't - - -

Let's see, ScubaPete's such an ass that after he answered my post I asked it again because I like to yank pples chains – I wonder how many others I can make waste their time -

And let me guess again, no matter who answers your questions you'll keep right on posting because ya see I'm NOT the ass, you are -

As you know more than we do - answer your own damn questions -

A triple poster here my friends, let him crap on the next one to answer his question –

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/108456

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/108449

Sorry, keprnes, he played you for an ass too, he just posted again –

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/108454

WATCH OUT ALL –

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Don't post a question more than once. It's against the rules. I've closed your other threads.