1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Movies onto DVD -R's and Freeze after about halfway...please help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by redhatman, Mar 26, 2005.

1. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

Hey, I have been burning a lot of dvd's lately by taking an avi video using "MainConcept MPEG Encoder" to convert it to dvd format, ... then I have "DVD-lab PRO " to mix it into Video_TS and stuff. I then burn the dvd in "DVD-lab PRO ". I play back the movies on my dvd player and they always work fine for about the first half (about somwhere around there) Then there will be a frozen video picture and the audio will keep on going and the video Stops. I am using Fujifilm DVD -R's along with a ORITRON DVD Player (can play all types of burned media). It would be much appreciated if you could help me. Thanks a lot
    -Pat (redhatman)

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

This sounds Like a Bad Media Problem as I get this exact same Problem when I use Cheapo Media But Fugi is usually Pretty Good Media so i am surprised....

I would suggest that After complileing with DVDLab Pro that you Burn useing a different App Like Nero and Burn at a Lower speed than the Rated speed of your DVD Media which will lessen the chance of Burn errors...

If you still have Problems I suggest you Try a couple different Brands of Media till you find one that works best with your equipment...

Cheers

3. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

I would use nero because I have it, but the only problem is that the project is somtimes bigger than the disc and nero can not downsize it. Thanks
    -Pat (redhatman)

4. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Redhatman,

You can download an update package from Nero that contains Nero Vision Express. There is a program in the package called Recode 2. It works like DVD Shrink, in a way...

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if the File is too big for DVD in Nero than it would still be too big for DVD in DVDLab so I don"t know what your getting at there but if they File is Too big it is because you used too high of a Bitrate to encode the Files to Mpeg-2/DVD in which can you should get yourself a Good Bitrate calcualtor so you don"t make these Mistakes the next time...

You are Much better off useing the Correct Bitrate in the First Place than you are useing a program to compress the Movie even further which will degrade the Quality more than if you would have did it right in the first Place...

Cheers