1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning SVCD with nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by blueyes, Oct 2, 2002.

1. blueyes

blueyes Member

When i try to do a svcd by using Nero5 with the mpeg2 file (prepared with tmpgenc), Nero verifies the file and stops the process because of lack of memory (256mo SDRAM on my pc) . Is-it possible to deactivate the verif of the mpeg2 file on Nero or is-there a software which creates a binary file with a mpeg2 file and that can be burned after by Nero ?

Thanks

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

first of all do you have enough hard drive space? You should be able to click the compliance off just before you burn....as for the last part of your post I didnt quite get that one..

3. blueyes

blueyes Member

Yes, i have 6 Go free space on my hard disk and i try to burn with a file of about 650 Mo.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yeah, there's a "compliance check" box somewhere in SVCD settings that turns the check off. But the error sounds weird anyway, I have 256MB in my machine right now and never had that kinda problems -- do you have enough swap file?

5. blueyes

blueyes Member

Could you please tell me how to deactivate the verification of the mpeg file by Nero ? I try everything in the SVCD menu, but everytime Nero try to verify and after (if it succeeds) to re-encode the file.
    When the file is shorter and when the verification can be done until its end, Nero tells me that the file is not compatible . If i answer not to re-encode the file, Nero put a file with a new size x 4.

Concerning the space disk, I let windows manage the virtual memory and i put just now a buffer space of 200 mb in Nero configuration. I will do a new test with this configuration.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

When you select New Compilation > CD > SVCD and see the Video CD tab, unselect the "Create standard compliant CD" box.

7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

hold on a sec.. Nero wouldn't be giving you those errors for no reason. What resolution is the video you are trying to burn? how about the audio, is it 44,100khz stereo? if you are not sure, open the file in virtual dub, click on file and click on file info. I think standard mpeg2 SVCD is supposed to be 480x480 or something like that. I'm not at home, and don't have the software installed here at work. (feel free to correct me)

if you have anything other than a standard SVCD mpeg2, Nero is only warning you because if you proceed to burn, your video will be messed up (I know from experience).

you may need to re-encode using TMPGenc to NTSC or PAL SVCD.

8. dvs1

dvs1 Guest

i use a mirc program to download rar files, then i extract them and get a bin/cue file. then i convert bin/cue to mpeg. then i burn with nero. that is until yesterday. now when i convert bin/cue to mpeg it makes like several mpegs. one will play like a normal mpeg and the others will not. i think the extension is called mpv2. how can i make this to a mpeg format nero recognizes and why all of a sudden is this happening. i used to get 2 bin/cue files and then 2 mpegs. part 1 and part 2. now it is not like that. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

the dvs1

9. blueyes

blueyes Member

VCDJunkie was right !
    The mpeg2 file was resulted from a Hauppauge WinTV PVC card which is able to capture normally in mpeg2 format from a S-Video source (typically a DVD home player). But it seems that the format created by Hauppauge is not standard and so it is necessary to re-encode the file with TMPEncode before burning it . Thanks.