1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning to Dual Layer media and the layer transition point

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by DaxBurn, Mar 2, 2007.

1. DaxBurn

DaxBurn Member

I used DVDfab Gold to copy a 7GB DVd (LeMans) and then used DVDfab Gold to burn the file to a memorex +R Dual Layer disc (using an LG GSA-E30L burner). The problem is that about halfwy thru the playback of the recorded DL disc I get a total frame-freeze (continuous display of a single image), and I am thinking its because the burn didn't line up the layer transition point correctly. I have to fast forward just slightly and then the rest of the movie plays normally.
    Any ideas on how to adjust the transition point, or alter my recording to account for the fixed transition point? Thanxs!!

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Your problem could well be that the Memorex DVD+R DL media is at best shoddy & should be avoided.
    Memorex tend to slap their brand on whatever they can buy cheaply at the time, and checking the discs in a Memorex spindle has resulted in 3 different brands in a single cake.

Additionally, this total lockup also suggests that your player does not support +R DL discs at all well. HOwever, my guess is that the media itself is to blame.